Scientists call it the Naked Photo Test, and it works like this: say a photo turns up of you nakedly doing something that would shame you and your family for generations. Bestiality, perhaps. Ask yourself how many people in your life you would trust with that photo. If you're like the rest of us, you probably have at most two.

The average number of close friends we say we have is dropping fast, down dramatically in just the last 20 years. Why?

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

This is so true it makes me sad
My Spanish Hearts
Man firstly, bestiality has to be the most rank, feral, vile, disgusting thing ever... eww

but if there was a photo of me doing something shameful, there is not one person on the face of this earth i would trust with it...

it's kinda sad, but i don't really trust people, no matter how well i know them.... doesn't stop me having friends, but there's a limit to how close i let them get to me, i guess i'm just a private person...
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
If there was a photo like that I wouldn't need to trust it with anyone, I'd just burn it and any evidence.

Besides, I wouldn't trust my closest friends with it because I'd be embarassed, not because I don't trust them.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yeah I have no friends. Just mates, odd that this thread would come up so soon after Lostprophets$$$'s one.

How cool would it be to live like the smurfs No complications other than Gargamel, just chillin' in the grass and shrooms
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I think its really sad that I can't understand how people would trust something like that to more than 2 people. Was there a time when people trusted each other? = (
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
that article has alot of good points in it...unfortunately....

i guess the technology thats meant to bring us together (ie cell phones, emails) are just separating us from each other more an more
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
hey i've got a good idea!

how bout we all stay away from rooting animals! then there won't be any photos and we wont have a problem!

I know it's gonna be hard for some of you... but i think there are patches to make quitting easier
It sounds like an anti-social person wrote that.

Do you guys not see it was sarcasm?
Get off my lawn.
Do you guys not see it was sarcasm?

It's kinda true though, I'm sitting here typing posts that no one'll probably read rather than out with mates... I used to get drunk a lot more before I got a computer and now I'm practically a mormon

The internet sucks.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Excellent article. I bookmarked it, gonna show it to all my friends Yeah, surprisingly I am healthy according to this guy. I only have 3 TV channels, no A/C, no MySpace, and besides UG, I only socialize in person.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
hmm I dunno, I guess here in the Netherlands things go a bit differently. I have about 6 real close friends, this one annoying friend who keeps tagging along, who I'm starting to like more and more these days tho. There are plenty of annoying people I talk to, this includes me. and I'll be damned if I don't get critisised.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
There's one reason Making me sad.

You.

/Phail.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
The article made some good points, but I have one major problem with it:
THE BLATANT HYPOCRISY.

It should really have been titled "7 ways technology has fucked us up", and yet it was posted on the internet.

Example: "#6 We're victims of the outrage machine". This section assaulted online blogs for giving us a negative view of the world in order to gain money and/or internet traffic. Except it was doing the same thing by bitching about it.

Apart from that, it made good sense and I agreed. I've always preferred talking in person though. This doesn't actually make any difference.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by anarchy_skater
There's one reason Making me sad.

You.

/Phail.

Your imbecility causes intense pain in anybody with a sense of humor.

"phail" another moronic internet meme

How about shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of this thread.

Thank you
My Spanish Hearts
That article made some very good points. John Cleese made some similar points in his public TV series The Human Face. Basically, since people don't meet eachother in person, they've forgotten how to deal with eachother.
Death to Ovation haters!
Lovely, that motivated me to go out for a walk. Thanks to that, I think I have another shot for my photography portfolio.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by SomeEvilDude
Has been up on Wong's own site Pointless Waste Of Time for some while now.

It is, however, along with the article 'The Monkeysphere' (also on PwoT) well written, comical and scarily true.

Oooh i remember that one

The Monkeysphere
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by SomeEvilDude
Has been up on Wong's own site Pointless Waste Of Time for some while now.

It is, however, along with the article 'The Monkeysphere' (also on PwoT) well written, comical and scarily true.

+1!

I really enjoyed reading it. He isn't all knowing or anything, but he's got a clearer view on lots of stuff than most other media hyping writers (ZOMG, EVERYTHING IS POISONOUS!!). I read his virtual world article too (starts out with a wow introduction). It's a pretty cool concept and again, easy and entertaining.

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/wowworld.html
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
emos , gas prices, horrible HORRIBLE music, i still havent had sex with hot brazillian twins yet
Well in the 14th century im fairly sure the black death was making us miserable.

And in the 20th century 2 world wars didn't exactly have us jumping for joy

There will always be something making us miserable!
I'd have to agree with most of it. Although the internet, and recent technological advances have been awesome for humanity, it's also ****ed us up so bad.

I think I only have two friends I would trust with something as weird and disgusting as the picture it's talking about. Although, hell, why the **** would anyone take a picture of that, just plain nasty.

Just no more love anymore. No one cares about anything except themselves and their possessions anymore.
might vote for elton john and get the internet shut down

cmon you cant trust anybody, its ruining the world
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Luckily for me (hmm) I walk 5 miles a day and commute to college vera train. College every day. Enough annoying people on the way I assure you! I think it makes you appreciate great people more.

Point 2, same again - alot of my friends make life difficult for themselves, and me, trying to fall out with me, etc etc (especially girls.)

Point 3, true, sort of. A girl I like alot talks alot on MSN but when it comes to texting she gives short one line answers to about 20 lines from me, always. She says she "can't be arsed to text". Well that's just great. A common attitude in some people these days.

04 - not always, but it can do. Get close to a girl you've never actually met? Now that, is ****!

05 - This makes it harder to handle. In the real world though you do get crit.

06 - As true as true can be.

07 - complete bull****, life is more important than anything, as is health.
You don't wait for a girl to verbally tell you she likes you. It's the sparkle in her eyes, her posture, the way she grabs your head and shoves your face into her boobs.

Lol at the insults he claims to have been called. I think I might try "thunderc**t", "c**twaffle" and "wangbasket" in the future. With my real life friends.
Quote by Jackolas
07 - complete bull****, life is more important than anything, as is health.

Did you actually read it?

It doesn't say your life is pointless or unimportant, it just recognises that human beings are social animals that get happy-hormones released when they see somebody else benefitting from their actions. Which is true.
Technology has turned us into Anti-social, selfish, greedy AnalOctopusses
Who the fuck would trust anyone with that photo?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Who the fuck would trust anyone with that photo?

My Spanish Hearts