So I am thinking of changing the EMG's out of my Les Paul.

I need a real hot bridge pickup, but a nice bluesy neck pickup.

Not really sure where to go from here.

what are your suggestions?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
what type of tone (bright or dark?) do you want from the bridge? rough budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
budget is anything really.

I want some cleans from the bridge. Dark or bright it doesn't really matter.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by forsaknazrael
Or do you want to bring teh br00talz?

awesome.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh, what kind of music do you play?

agreed.

problem is, "really hot" and "nice cleans" rarely go together. generally speaking, the better a pickup gets for distortion, the worse it gets for cleans and vice versa, so there's going to be some compromise...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play rock, metal, blues
a little bit of everything really
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
ok, then i'd go reasonably hot, but not over the top. i'd probably defer to azrael and steven seagull (if he even spots this thread), as they've tried more duncans and dimarzios than me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm...Probably, your best bet for an all-arounder pair that can handle heavy and blues...
SH-1 '59 in the neck, and an SH-11 Custom Custom in the bridge.

The '59 is great for blues, of course, and can get heavy, with the right amp. Lamb Of God use's 'em.
The SH-11 is a fairly hot pickup, that cleans up well with a roll of the volume knob (especially if you have a treble bleed mod installed.) or with a switch to parallel wiring. I do the latter method often times. It's an aggressive PAF-voiced pickup, good for blues and hard rock, and could do metal, too, again, with the right amp.

EDIT: fixed
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Sep 23, 2007,
you mean the custom custom in the bridge, right, john?

EDIT: that suggestion does sound pretty good to me- will the CC mush up in a LP, though? i'd be tempted to suggest the custom, or custom V, but i haven't tried those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha, yeah, my bad. Corrected. The Custom Custom will sound a little warm in the bridge position, but I don't think it's bad. If you want it brighter, than the Custom 5 or the Custom would be better. The Custom 5 is a little snappier than the Custom Custom. I prefer it, myself. The Custom is a little too harsh for blues, in series wiring. I always switched it to parallel wiring when I played something ofter.
ok, cool, thanks.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?