I need some ideas for a decent amp. Doesn't hav to be the best. I need an amp for uder $50 or so. So whats the best amp for that price range?
My guitar is a SX Scorpion for those of u that wanna kno.
Go to pawn shops and check music stores. Old used solid state combos often go for $50. The Peavey Backstage is the cheapest decent amp I know of but its a little more money.
Well if a mini amp works for you try out one of these:
Fender Mini Tone $33 1 watt
Dean Markley GT1200 Micro Amp $35 3 watts
Danelectro N10 HoneyTone $32
Marshall MS2 $45 1 watt
Peavey Audition TransTube Guitar Combo Amplifier $48 7 watts
Fender Mini 57 $50 1 watt

Or if you can stand payin an extra 10 or twenty bucks go for a:
Ibanez IBZ10G $60 10 watts
Marshall MS4 $60 1 watt
Behringer AT108 Ultracoustic Acoustic Guitar Amplifier $60 20 watts
Randall RX15 $70 15 watts
Crate FW15 $70 15 watts

I would personally recommend a Marshall, they simply are the best amplifiers out there and if you're willing to spend 30 extra bucks i would highly recommend the Marshall MG10CD.
Hope this helps
Thanks for ur suggestions.
If this helps any...im not gunna be playin any gigs or anything. I jus need one for practice in my room. So what wood be best?
Quote by clab333
Thanks for ur suggestions.
If this helps any...im not gunna be playin any gigs or anything. I jus need one for practice in my room. So what wood be best?

I would say getting a marshall would be the best, they simply are great...a friend of mine has the MS2 and it sounds great for something so small, or you could try and get a headphone amp if you don't want to disturb the neighbors like a:

Behringer HA400 4 Headphone Amp for 20 bucks
or a
Danelectro E15 Headphone Amp for 25 bucks
Spending any money on an MG would be wasted. Use the search function on UG if you don't believe me. Be better off buying the headphone amp. Much.
u should just raise more money. the only thing u can really buy is that mini marshall and it sucks bad
Dudes i got a marshall 15dfx and it hasnt failed on me and has kept rockin hard
i mite jus get a Peavey Transtube Audition.
For 7 wattz and for only 45 bucks thats not bad.
and does it hav a headphone plug??
yea it does hav a heaphone jack so i think im guna go with that as my amp and my guitar will be a SX SCORPION.
good?
ok so that all adds up to about $150.
which saves me some money to add up for my next guitar.
cool.
thanks guys.