Why be pissed, it's great he's getting recognized for how great he was.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I think it's a great idea.

Let's get a piece of crap guitar, and use it to celebrate the life of a piece of crap
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Let's get a piece of crap guitar, and use it to celebrate the life of a piece of crap

i...don't get it....it's a crap idea, if you ask me.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

slightly blasphemous
Quote by BrianApocalypse

you sir, are an epic win.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
i know, its very counter intuitive. They say DIY they mean, DIFY, DO IT FOR YOU. **** them. its just a scam to make a buck in the end. WHORING THE MUSIC FOR YOUR OWN PROFIT.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Yeah, why does it need to look like ****? I doubt Strummer's guitar looked like that when he bought it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It's funny as hell to me.

"Hey! You can have a guitar that looks just like Joe Strummers'! Except for one of the defining visual characteristics... You have to do those yourself!"

Like... The guitar's worn down and reliced, but the stickers are shiny and new.

Buy a cheap Tele, play it like hell, stick it with stickers if you want, and you'll have something much more akin to his guitar.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
But you don't get a certificate.

Everyone knows you can't be a punk rocker without a certificate from Joe Strummer art college
Quote by BrianApocalypse
But you don't get a certificate.

Everyone knows you can't be a punk rocker without a certificate from Joe Strummer art college

When I see the actual link between Joe Strummer the person and the Joe Strummer tribute guitar, I'll take your point.

Looks like I have to do anything around here.

Okay, I'll explain the link.

Basically, in the same way that Strummer sold out his beliefs to Fender's father company, Fender decided to reverse that and cash in on people's stupidity by making a Joe Strummer guitar.

Now, this guitar is heavily based upon the real dead Joe Strummer's guitar, and Strummer worshippers are convinced that by buying the fake guitar and sticker set, they'll have a real bona fide replica of the Strummer shredcaster.

Simple as Topper Headon!
You know people don't buy this guitar to play on stage and show off they have a signature Joe Strummer guitar. Its more of a collectors guitar.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Looks like I have to do anything around here.

Okay, I'll explain the link.

Basically, in the same way that Strummer sold out his beliefs to Fender's father company, Fender decided to reverse that and cash in on people's stupidity by making a Joe Strummer guitar.

Now, this guitar is heavily based upon the real dead Joe Strummer's guitar, and Strummer worshippers are convinced that by buying the fake guitar and sticker set, they'll have a real bona fide replica of the Strummer shredcaster.

Simple as Topper Headon!

Wouldn't the reversal of Joe Strummer's apparent selling out neutralise any antipathy you bear towards him?

All I'm saying is... He's dead. Guitar came out after that. I don't see how we can make the link between Joe Strummer's guitar, and this, aside from corporate advertising.

I think more Troo Punx Kidz are going to pay for the Avril Lavigne Tele than are going to save up for a Custom Shop guitar.

that signature sid vicious bass would come with a plugged up jack so that it wont be able to be plugged into an amp. Thats the way they played at shows, bass amp OFF.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Man sig guitars are so cheesy. I'd rather have a new one and enjoy wrecking it myself.

It's like these pre-ripped jeans.
I guess I'll take this time to ask you Brian why is it you dislike Joe Strummer so much. Dewds a major influence on me and I've never actually known what your beef with him is.
i think if they just sold the stickers that would be one thing but to sell thousand dollar replicas of something that joe pretty much detailed, its kinda ridiculous. thats like me getting to be a famous professional driver and Pontiac making replicas of a rusty 93 sunbird with a Cramps sticker.
Quote by CHEAPSEX
I guess I'll take this time to ask you Brian why is it you dislike Joe Strummer so much. Dewds a major influence on me and I've never actually known what your beef with him is.

I'd have a sniff around with the search button, but you appear to be banned for some reason, so I'll let someone else use the search button.

PS: here's an unrefined list. The original long explanations should be in bits and places.

PS2: Here's the actual link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5492441
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Sep 26, 2007,
I searched for that thread and the videos have been taken down on youtube. What was in the videos?
Here is what Joe said in an interview thirty years ago....now what do you think he would have to say about these guitars?

"In America they’re gone. I tell you, they’re gone. You go to California; I’m talkin’ about really simple and basic things- you touch a piece of wood…wrong! This wood is not wood. This wood looks like wood.

Yeah, you pick up a tomato and you bite it….wrong! This looks like a tomato ; this is is a tomato, but this is not a tomato, ‘ cause tastes of nothing. If you close your eyes and taste between a cucumber, and a tomato and a lettuce in California they’re all identical. It…It looks like food, it feels like food… it is food, but it isn’t food.

You know, people smile at you…wrong! They’ve been told by the management to smile at you. So really, your not seeing anything that’s real. Not the objects….the buildings, the signs… everything is fake! The cars now are sort of plasticated metal. Is it metal? Who knows. Nobody knows. It’s plastic, you know? Nothing is real. And what they get (America) we will get later. And if the world is moving towards that then I’m not interested."
It looks like a guitar, it is a guitar, but it isn't a guitar! It's American and culture there is bland.

Also I'm glad Joe Strummer took the whole "everything is plastic" and took it to its logical conclusion of complaining about cars. Because if anything should be made the old-fashioned way it is cars. V8's and leaded gasoline for everyone!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Couldn't guess as to what I thought of it when this was news, but these days, hey, reverse the control plate and throw some Seymour Duncan hums in there, and I'd play the shit out of it.