So i have an epi les paul studio and I was wondering what the normal string hight is
cause the stings on mine are extreemly low --> 2 mm
and ther's a bit of fret buzz on the d string is this normal?

And what are your thoughts on the les paul studio ?
( it's not a normal studio though: it has trapezoid inlays and closed humbuckers)
I have no idea how high the strings are on my LP but to solve your buzz problem just raise the action ever so slightly until it disappears.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
the normal studios have trapezoid inlays and covered humbuckers. you could probably fix the buzz by raising the string a little with the bridge.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by (insertnamehere
I have no idea how high the strings are on my LP but to solve your buzz problem just raise the action ever so slightly until it disappears.

Will I also have to adjust the intonation if i raised the action?
get a set up
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Quote by ComradSputnik
Will I also have to adjust the intonation if i raised the action?

Probably not. If you raise the action just very slightly, it shouldn't make too much of a difference. However, i would still check the intonation afterward, just to make sure.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
I had this problem with my acoustic, I've replaced my strings and it stopped. BTW, i had this problem with the D string too.
What the fuck is wrong with me?

OH YE, THE FLYING FUCKS BAND!
Last edited by Slash's Snakpit at Sep 23, 2007,