Im getting a Jackson KVX10 guitar and it has "Duncan Designed" pickups in.
They sound alright when I played it in the shop but I want something with more.. sustain and I hear EMGs are the best..
Are they worth buying?
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
um, yea.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
upgrading a guitar with pickups that cost almost as much as the guitar itself is not a good idea...it would improve your sound, but it would still be crappy wood, craftsmanship quality...

i say, if you want a decent guitar, save 200-300 more and you can buy a guitar that sounds great, plays great and lasts you a lifetime...

but if you don't want my opinion, the EMGs are great pickups...but you would need room to fit a battery in...so idk if you would have enough room in this guitar...
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
do you play cleans at all? because emg 85 isnt that good for cleans, put an 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck if you want good cleans
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
Hmm well the guitar sounded good anyway so I think I might just leave it..
And I cant really save tbh I only get £20 a month and nobody will employ me for a part time job as Im only 14.
So you're looking at saving up for about a year which really isnt worth it..
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by Austrorammer
upgrading a guitar with pickups that cost almost as much as the guitar itself is not a good idea...it would improve your sound, but it would still be crappy wood, craftsmanship quality...

i say, if you want a decent guitar, save 200-300 more and you can buy a guitar that sounds great, plays great and lasts you a lifetime...

but if you don't want my opinion, the EMGs are great pickups...but you would need room to fit a battery in...so idk if you would have enough room in this guitar...

It would take me over a year to save up lol and I've tried out many others the same price and ones more expensive and this one is the best sounding (for my style)/looking and most comfortable.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak