So i have been thinking for the past month or so about what guitar i should get.
I would say the music style I like to Play is grindcore, death metal, and hardcore.
I have narrowed it down to schecter c1 hellraiser with 81 85 active emg pickups, or esp ltd ec-1000 with 81 60 active emg pickups.

Please help me decide by posting your opinion and why you say that.
either way youd be getting a great guitar, but id say schecter
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
yeah i have been told that schecter is better for my style and cheaper but i have been told it has a thick neck and the esp has nicer tone
yeah, what joey said

They're both GREAT guitars
It really just comes down to what you think looks awesome-er

EDIT: yeah, it does have a thin neck, but it's that way for the shredding

You can't get very good access up past the 17th fret or so on the ESP

don't get a crate amp...just
don't dude
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Sep 23, 2007,
both excellent guitars i'd go with the esp only because i have the vintage black eclipse standard and it truly is awesome i have and had ltd's they are great guitars
yeah esp's ec-1000 is the best of that model, so it definately has a roaring tone, with a beautiful neck, and its made for metal
I gotta say the ESP. One, I personally prefer ESP. Also The ESP has a 60 in the neck which is a little better for neck pickup tones(you know cleans, some leads). I gotta go with the ESP. Besides A7X uses Schecter. That oughta be enough to dissuade you right there. LOL
yeah i played the 2004 model of the esp yestereday and i loved it, but the schecter is ment more for gorecore and grindcore so i may just stick with it, also im using is with a jsx 2000 watt half stack if that helps
Ec-1000
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
I'd go with the ESP. The EMG 60 is better for cleans than the 85. But personally, I'd get something with Duncans because they tend to be better all around and more versatile.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: