So, I'm trying to get a wireless internet router to hook up my Wii to the internet, so I can download games (They're releasing Goldeneye in the future) So, my question is, what are good reliable Wireless Broadband Routers, and what is the price, and is there a monthly fee? I'm thinking it's just a box that transports your internet to different sources for free, but my parents think that it would have a montly cost.

Any insight? Thanks.
Well, there's a monthly cost for the internet (Tiscali are great) but the actual router is just a one-time payment. The Netgear DG834G is fantastic.
They ARE bringing out Goldeneye for Wii?

YES! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
Buy this (link).

Plugs into the usb port of a computer that's connected (with ethernet cable) to the internet already and turns it into a wireless signal, made for Nintendo products.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
If you have an internet connection you just need to buy the router, no extra costs. Just make sure it's a dsl router if you have dsl, cable if you have cable. There really aren't any crappy routers out there, just don't get the cheapest.
Quote by Human Contact
Buy this (link).

Plugs into the usb port of a computer that's connected (with ethernet cable) to the internet already and turns it into a wireless signal, made for Nintendo products.

you can practically get a router for the price of that thing these days.
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
A router shouldn't cost anything per month. But your ISP might try to rent one to you for something like $10 a month, costing you a lot more in the long run. I think that's where your parents might get the idea.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Well, there's a monthly cost for the internet (Tiscali are great) but the actual router is just a one-time payment. The Netgear DG834G is fantastic.

I have the Netgear (pretty sure it's the DG834G), although I think it is about to break. Still it has been pretty reliable while we've had it.
I have a lynksis, it's what my aunt, grandma, and parents have, and for Nintendo products it kinda sucks. I can't get my DS to connect at home, but I don't have problems at my aunt's house with it, and it was relatively easy to get my Wii to work at my grandma's.
"The poor didn't want this one."