so i bought the sg g400 epiphone it was like 300 bucks,,i was thinking of returning it for the more higher end epiphone the limited edition,,but was noticing gibson sells a faded sg for a little over 500 so for roughly the same price for a epi or a gibson.

the question is which do you guys think is a better guitar the highest priced epi or the lowest priced gibson?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=102676350

this is the epiphone i am looking at and...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_faded_sg_special_electric_guitar?full_sku=101873370

this is the gibson...i would really appreciate your input
Well it mostly depends if you want your headstock to say Gibson or Epiphone...

And you'll most likely have to change the pickups and the tuners on both of them.

Is this your first guitar?
nah this is not my first guitar but i am on a tight budget

i always owned jacksons and ibanez so this is different for me
The pickups in the Gibson are much better, a little more power, better definition. The wood is likely to be better, though I can't verify this. I have played both. The Epi is a little prettier, but not my prime consideration when buying guitars (although I do like a pretty guitar.) I like the necks about equally well, although the Epi's neck seems a little smaller, the Gibson's neck feels more accurate. The fretwork on both guitars was about equal, both needed a little fret-dressing. Try both, I lean toward the Gibson. There are quality-control issues with both so try several of each. Good luck.
yeah i need to intonate the epi g400 i think i got it home and it tunes itself sharp after awhile so yay
Quote by sidereal9
nah this is not my first guitar but i am on a tight budget

i always owned jacksons and ibanez so this is different for me

Well, you're better off waiting until you have more money and getting a better guitar. The SG standard is a HUGE step in front of those 2 guitars.

BTW, what amp do you use?
Quote by sidereal9
i dont use an amp per se i use line 6 pod xt live

Well then you're better off getting a nice amp than getting a new guitar.
nah not really i dont play shows and dont plan on it for quite awhile the xt does everything i need for recording purposes