Hey all, i'm sort of new around here, the main reason being i need a new guitar (Sorry, i bet you get loads of these threads)

Ive been playing guitar for about 4 years now. The guitar i have at the mo being a Epiphone sg-310 isn't really what i want any more, aswell as my amp.

Current set up:
Epiphone SG-310 (Everything stock)
Marshall MG 15CD

What i usually play is Iron Maiden, general metal, Some Offspring and RHCP, which is quite a wide selection really, but i usually stay around the metal side.

I have been looking at some guitars and would really like an opinion, my max cost is £450-£500 for both guitar and amp. I wouldn't mind a Trem bar, but i don't mind:

Guitar - Washburn X50 Pro
- Schecter Damien FR
- Jackson DX10D

Amp - Roland Cube 60W

Thanks in advance.

If you know any better guitars or Amps please list them
Last edited by Stranger90 at Sep 23, 2007,
You've got taste.

X50pro + cube 60 = sex

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

i dont like the dinky

get the schecter damien FR.. but know that a floyd rose takes a bit of know how to restring, tune or use in general.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Washburn x50pro is a great guitar!

As for the amp, check out Vox Valvetronix AD50 as well. I know it's not marketed at metalheads, but IMO it sounds better than the cube, even for high-gain stuff.
Thanks for the quick responses.

Well it seems the X50 pro is winning at the minute.

Does anyone know how reliable the Schecter Damien Fr is? (Floyd Rose)

I had a look at some of the vids of the Vox and i quite like it, now i'm torn between that and the Cube.
For an extra $100 or 50gbp you could get a Laney LC 15.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
They sound like pretty decent choices of guitar for your style, just try a couple out and you'll be sorted on that front...

However if you've been playing about 4 years, you really want to get a better amp than the Cube. If you play in a band, don't waste your money on a solid-state when you'll end up chucking it within a few months! I'd suggest looking around for a used valve amp around £300, or failing that a new combo like a laney VC15, Blues Junior or Peavey Classic. I guarantee they'd be just as loud as the Cube and -with the right pedals- just as versatile.
if you don't play anything heavier than maiden, i'd consider a laney vc15 (it's like £220) EDIT: and if you'll be playing in a band, consider the vc30 for £300. washburn x50 pro is a good choice.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just a question about the X50 (Or really any guitar without inlays) I do look at my fretboard quite alot, but the question is, when you actually have the guitar, does it make it any harder to play/ learn?

The lack of inlays seems a bit of a problem to me. I've never played with out them.
well i mean it still has side dots. i suspect it's more psychological than anything else. that being said, i like inlays. but if you can get past that, i'd wager it's one of the best guitars in the UK for £300 (new), if not the best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?