ok..this sux
im having severe problems and i mean SEVERE problems with friction at the back of my guitar neck...the guitar kinda sux..ibanez jumpstart but thing is theres so much friction i cant even slide...wtf..

wtf i cant even play master of puppets because of the friction plzz help tell me how to solve this...

thanks.
yeah put baby powder on it that might work...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
You might want to try the talcum powder on the part of your hand that contacts the neck instead of putting it on the neck itself. This is an issue as well with Snooker & Billiards. Every good table has a bottle of talcum powder in the cue rack.
Steel wool if it's a finished neck, 000 or 0000.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
The best neck I've ever played on was on my plywood flying V. I had sanded the finish off the back of the neck, and put a few coats of tung oil down. It played like a dream.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
^ You take 0000 steel wool, and lightly rub the back of the neck with it. It will smooth it out.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

I did the same on an old geetar I rebuilt, finished the neck with tung oil, but gave it upteen coats using the finest grit paper with the oil until it was as smooth as the finest silk the problem with oil though is that you will have to recondition from time to time..
The only solution that will really last for quite some time is a refinish of the neck. The steel wool option may require more rubbing, and the tung oil will need to be reapplied.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says: