Ok, I am planning on buying a new bridge pickup for my epi les paul. I am caught between the

A) Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion

or

B) Bill Lawrence L-500XL

I'm looking for a real Br0otAL! pickup obviously. I want as much distortion as possible without going to active pickups. So can anyone help me out?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
EDIT: ah sorry didnt read properly, the seymore duncan i tried out, my friend has it on his guitar. its pretty good

ask someone who may have tried both
Go with the Bill Lawrence because dime actually used those pickups , and the dimebucker is muddy
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Hammett5
Go with the Bill Lawrence because dime actually used those pickups , and the dimebucker is muddy

even with that pickup you will sound nothing like Dime so stop with the ooo ____ uses it so it must me good....

I would go with the Duncan or the Dimarzio X2N
i havent even seen the d-activators for sale anywhere, aren't they like $100? link?
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by htsktim91989
whats your price range...dimarizio d-activators are pretty brutal...

Yeah but their cleans are left to be desired, the EMG 81's cleans are nicer, and that's a bit of a suprise coming from DiMarzio.
I recently put the Bill Lawrence l-500XL in the bridge positon of my SG, and it totally rocks. The Duncan would be a good choice also, but I've not had much experience with it. The only problem with the Lawrence is that the cleans sound really thin.
well, my neck pickup sounds great with cleans, so that's not a problem with me. So I guess I should start looking at the 500XL more.
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Duncan Livewires or Dimarizio X2N perhaps?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
sorry dude, but i am not getting rid of my amp, i enjoy the sound that comes from it, so yeah.
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Not a fan of the distortion....always sounded thin and trebly to my ears.

But I've never tried the other.....

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Neither. I'd say save up for a better amp, if you're still playing through that FM.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+2.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You have a rubbish amp that is completely unsuited for "the br00talz" distortion you're after, new pickups aren't going to change that one bit.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah... Normally I'd tell these guys to back off because you want new pick-ups, not a new amp, but your amp is complete ****.

Get a new amp before you start blowing money on pups that won't make any difference.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
^he's contradicting himself. he likes the sound hes getting from. but he's trying to change the sound by getting new pickups. possibly worse pickups (ehem duncan distortion.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by forsaknazrael
...Then why do you want new pickups..?

PWNED
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do Seymour Duncan make any good high-output pickups at all according to you guys?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
do Seymour Duncan make any good high-output pickups at all according to you guys?

Jb,hotrod,livewire ..
i'd ge thte bill, because i mean comeone....if dime used it it's a good pickup, and the thing sounds good, never tried up, but i tried an SH-6, and i wasn't THAT impressed
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Dave_Mc
PWNED

hahaha, you guys are funny ones

I just want a little more crunch, and yes i know that like 80% of my tone comes from my amp. I know all of this lol. But again, I think I will go with the Bill
GEAR
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I LOVE my Bill Lawrence pickups.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Well, Dime wasn't a tone freak, he was more into gain and harmonics, and it gave him a pretty distinctive voicing, even on his cleans...

However Nuno Bettencourt IS a huge tone devil, and he uses the L-500 XL too, so I guess it's got some huevos. It is ultra-hot, though, and the cleans are weird, but not actually bad.
I balanced out my XL with an R in the neck, which is a nice pickup too. It's got nice cleans and it can handle distortion as well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by bjoern_swe

not that i've tried, but i haven't tried all their high outputters, or indeed any of their actives. plus, it depends how you define "high output".

Quote by Pikka Bird
Well, Dime wasn't a tone freak, he was more into gain and harmonics, and it gave him a pretty distinctive voicing, even on his cleans...

However Nuno Bettencourt IS a huge tone devil, and he uses the L-500 XL too, so I guess it's got some huevos. It is ultra-hot, though, and the cleans are weird, but not actually bad.

i thought nuno used the l500, not the xl? i could be wrong though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yup, L500...or I suppose L500-L

http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/nseries/n4.aspx

there's 4 L500 variants...

C - Clean
R - Regular
L - Lead
XL - eXtra Lead
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^^ It might have been the 500 L. Dime used that before the XL came out, so that's what threw me off... But I can only say for sure that Nuno uses some sort of L500.
yeah, i thought he used the hot one but not the super hot one. Not that i've tried either...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?