Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
boss is better because their analog unless they say digital like digital delay and digital pedals like digitech hum alot so better to have a noise suppressor if you have digitech but you still hear the hum a little so id go for boss
I own several Boss pedals, but after experimenting some with Digitech, I find them to be about the same quality. However, Digitech seems to offer a better range for bass (or at least, more pedals you can use with bass).
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I think Digitech trumps Boss in every way imaginable. They're stronger pedals, they're cheaper, and to me, they sound better. Sure, they don't have that stigma from 16 year olds that says "OMG MY FAV PLAYER USES BOSS" like Gibson has with guitars, but I think there's absolutely no reason to buy a Boss now that Digitech's around - especially with pedals like the Bass Overdrive and Chorus.

Digitech pedals don't hum. I'm not going to expand on that. There was a point where I had 5 Digitech pedals in my loop, and all 5 of them at once didn't hum.

The only advantage Boss has is that Digitechs battery lives are almost a joke. I'll give you that. However, if you're serious about pedals, you have a pedal board and power adaptors anyway. If you have 1 pedal and are mad about paying $1 every other gig, you're nuts.

I've AB'd Digitech Bass Distortion, Delay, Flanger, and Bass Chorus against the Boss versions. Sure, the Digitechs are ripping off the Boss feature-wise, but the Digitechs sounded as good, and usually better than the Boss pedals. Add the fact that the Digitechs are cheaper, and, once again, you have no reason to buy them (unless you're one of these FLEA USES IT IN THE INTRO TO AROUND THE WORLD LOLOLOLOL people - and in that case you're hopeless anyway).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I use the DigiTech BP 200 and the DigiTech Bass Envelope filter both are great pedals and there is no hum from either of them. The only complaint I have is that the BP 200 has a horrible envelope filter so I had to get a seperate e-filter
I'm going to say BOSS because I'm in love with my ODB-3 Overdrive. But then again I've never tried a Digitech pedal...
I find Boss pedals to be a little overpriced. When guitar players see my board the look at me like Digitech pedals and they see my guitarist and it's just one Boss and they go like ZOMG BOSS . Probably just a name thing. I find Digitech to be better on my wallet and ears and I think that's all that matters.
I've owned boss pedals and sold them all, and so much for Boss' bulletproofness, my DS-1 stopped working after a few months.

I'd definitely buy Digitech over Boss now.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i enjoy both. i have the DS-1 guitar distortion pedal, and the ceb-3 bass chorus pedal. i also have the digitech Envelope filter for bass. i like them. pedals are pedals. i do wanna get some compression tho. not sure wether to get boss or digi
I've got the Boss Gt-6b multi effects, and I think it beats out all the digitech multis I've used. However, in single pedals digitech offers more variety and are actually reasonably priced ($120 for an auto-wah? I don't think so, boss). If you're looking at multis, I'd say you can't go wrong with boss, but if you're looking at single effects, digitech's the way to go.
I've been head hunting a bunch of pedals lately, so I've played a lot of boss vs. digitech pedals. From what I've tested, Digitech is cheaper and better sounding, with the exception of Overdrive pedals. I wasn't impressed with Digitech's OD at all, but then again I wasn't amused by Boss's either, but if I had to choose one, I'd go Boss.
^Not sure about sound, since I'm not a multifx guy, but I'd take Digitech's graphic GUI over Boss' twiddling of knobs any day of the week.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I own both, and prefer Digi-tech. They are really economical, sound great and are built solid. I love my chorus pedal--it sounded better than some of the high end ones I tried. Next up will be a Digi-Delay.
I own a fair few Boss pedals (DS-1, AC-2, BF-3, DD-6 and soon a PH-3) and I find them fantastic. I could do with some noise reduction (5 pedals in one loop, it can get slightly hummed). The quality is second to none and the sound isn't too bad either. I've not tried any digitech pedals, but just because I have those Boss pedals doesn't means I'm against the Digitech. I've just been very happy with the Boss ones and find them great for what I use.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Fitz, in an older bass overdrive thread you said that the digitechs sound "digitalish" or so, and you didn't recommend them. Now you say that they are better than the boss pedals, and are good in general. Why?
Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string
Warwick Blue Cab 30 practice amp
Quote by thefitz
But hold on - you're debating on whether or not to buy a bass or keep your house? That's pretty fucking hardcore!
Quote by pagiatis
Fitz, in an older bass overdrive thread you said that the digitechs sound "digitalish" or so, and you didn't recommend them. Now you say that they are better than the boss pedals, and are good in general. Why?

I didn't recommend it in the context of the Fulltone and the BlowTorch if I remember correctly. I've always always said the Digitech is miles ahead of the Boss distortion. It is better, but neither are hi-end pedals. The Digitech seemed to take the hi-fi out of my gear a bit so I switched to Fulltone. If you don't have a $3000 setup, you probably won't notice (hell, it might even make your tone sound better).

Anyway, in conclusion, it's the best pedal at that price level.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
I didn't recommend it in the context of the Fulltone and the BlowTorch if I remember correctly. I've always always said the Digitech is miles ahead of the Boss distortion. It is better, but neither are hi-end pedals. The Digitech seemed to take the hi-fi out of my gear a bit so I switched to Fulltone. If you don't have a $3000 setup, you probably won't notice (hell, it might even make your tone sound better).

Anyway, in conclusion, it's the best pedal at that price level.

Understood. I am still looking for a distortion/overdrive and now I have more money. Except from the digitech, the mxr blowtorch and the ebs mb multi-drive seem nice, but I didn't have the opportunity to check them out. Are they any better than the digitech? (the ebs is a class A overdrive, so it must be nice)
Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string
Warwick Blue Cab 30 practice amp
Quote by thefitz
But hold on - you're debating on whether or not to buy a bass or keep your house? That's pretty fucking hardcore!
If you're looking for a distortion/OD pedal, don't overlook the Ibanez Phathead distortion.

I've tried the Digitech, Boss, and Ibanez ODs and the Ibanez is hands down the best (and surprisingly, the cheapest.) Granted, mine did die within two days of use, but I'm pretty sure thats because of a power surge, not because of the fault of the pedal (because all my pedals got roasted in the surge).

Just something extra for you to check out.
Quote by pagiatis
Understood. I am still looking for a distortion/overdrive and now I have more money. Except from the digitech, the mxr blowtorch and the ebs mb multi-drive seem nice, but I didn't have the opportunity to check them out. Are they any better than the digitech? (the ebs is a class A overdrive, so it must be nice)

The EBS pedal is about $200 I think, and there are tonnes of soundbytes on the site. The Fulltone Bass Drive is also class A and it's around $180. The MXR BlowTorch I didn't really like; it was more of a bass-specific distortion, and to me, that distortion is too buzzy. The EBS and Fulltone are proper overdrives and I quite like that. The Digitech, while cheapest, can cop both feels. But, again, like I said, if you're going to the $150+ range, you'll find those other pedals do a better job of their individual tones. The Digitech, however, is really the only pedal that does it all.

EDIT: I've found the Ibanez bass distortion to be hella thin. It reminded me of the thinness of my old DOD Bass Grunge.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by thefitz

EDIT: I've found the Ibanez bass distortion to be hella thin. It reminded me of the thinness of my old DOD Bass Grunge.

Depends on what you're looking for, I suppose. I like my PD-7's distortion because it's not too heavy... although it's really just to satiate me until I can afford a Fulltone...
In australia the digitech bass pedals are over 100 dollars expensiver then the boss pedals... But i have a boss ODB 3 and a digitech bass chrous so i guess im undecided. I thought the diditech chorus was well worth the extra 100 when compared to the boss bass chrous but i thought the digitech driver was very dissapointing, way way way to digital sounding for an overdrive/distortion pedal.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"