Hello fellas, as u could have already guessed, my doubt is basically this: I'm getting a new bridge humbucker for my alder stratocaster with rosewood fingerboard. it's a classic strato (kinda, it is designed as one, but it's modern and luthier made, so i cant give u a model name or anything) and am quite happy with it, but i've become a bit tired of my three single coils lol, as i play mainly metal and progressive.
I'm getting a humbucker for the bridge and those in the title are my main options (all of them dimarzio).

For amp am using at the moment the pod floor xt, and i'm not getting a valve amp any soon cuz i dont have the money, so i need a pickup that sounds good with a transistor, modelling thingy...

I want a pickup that sounds defined and good with cleans, with good sustain and not too trebly for soloing ( petrucci, vai style) and really distorted but still defined for rythm and with good palm mutting sound.... Lol, i need a pickup that does everything!!

Still, the main issue is the soloing and the heavy rythm thing... At first i chose the tone zone, but now i've read so many reviews about the other ones that i'm not sure at all....

Thnx and i'll be waiting for ur answers!
Sounds like you want either a Breed or a Evo 2.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Iunno, i've been reading what the dimarzio website says about each pickup (according to them everything is wonderful so i cant trust it haha) and the evolution is defined as an awesome p/up to cut through any mix, which really would help me, as u have to turn the pod high in volume to be heard over a valve amp....
Besides, in supposedly it gets loads of harmonics and sonic richness and blah blah blah hahah...

PerpetualBurn, what's the difference between Evo and Evo2?
Breed all the way, there's plenty of lower midrange so you get a very full, rich tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i've heard some recordings on youtube (still, it is not the most trustable way to check a pickup, but whatever) and i think i'll get a evolution... Besides, isnt breed sumkind of quieter pickup than evo?

I have a kinman avn-69 in the middle, would it sound good in the second position with the evo? would it sound better with the breed?
Well I'd say breed cos:

Breed: Designed for Vai to give a 'more les paul' sound for him to hit those heavy rythms BUT is also based off the Evo.
Evo2: As far as I remember a more high output evo.
Evo: A lesser output Evo2 and a less chuggy breed, good pickup BUT apparently points out mistakes a lot, so if you're playing a solo and make a mistake YOU'LL KNOW. But this could be classed as a good thing, if you arent playing in a band or gigs and wont be for a while I would definately say this.
Lmao it sounds as a good way to make urself focus on not making stupid mistakes... I'll go for it i guess! I won't start giggin before six months or sumthing like that.... So... It sounds like an awesome choice! Still, i'm in a band but i dont make that many mistakes :P
Thnx for everything guys!
The Evo is VERY trebly, just so you know - if you want a cutting sound with lots of high end. If you want a sound that cuts through a different way then the Breed is the way to go. The Evo cuts through like a scalpel through flesh, the breed cuts like a sledgehammer through plasterboard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Hmmm, guys u make me doubt so much :P
How do those pickups interact with different woods cuz i dont kno what wood my guitar is made from...
Now the breed sounds more appealing to me.... as well as using it for metal and shred i might use it with some allan holdsworth tone... breed seems like a more logic choice doesnt it?
Quote by Alvaro del Pino
How do those pickups interact with different woods cuz i dont kno what wood my guitar is made from...
Now the breed sounds more appealing to me.... as well as using it for metal and shred i might use it with some allan holdsworth tone... breed seems like a more logic choice doesnt it?

What guitar do you play?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
luthier made strato, it sounds good, and it has good woods... still, i dont remember what they were...
Quote by Alvaro del Pino

The Breed is arguably a little smoother and it's definitely more versatile. If it's a stratocaster type it's more likely made from a bright wood like alder. If that's the case the Evolution would enhance the guitar's natural brightness, whereas the Breed would balance it and beef up the warmer low frequencies.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Thnx Steve, that really makes sense lol.... thnx, i think i'll go for it, if nobody tells me anything else, i've been changing my mind about the pickup like each ten minutes in the last few days

Thnx again to everyone!