as you may or may not know...i have been posting on this forum for some time now looking for some pickups to turn my epi sg 400 custom into a hard rock machine.

i have decided on 2 pick ups for my guitar

Bridge: Dirtyfingers Gibson
Neck: 496r gibson pups

is the output on the dirtyfingers going to match the 496rs or is it going to be relivtivly close. is it going to be too high???

will the p-ups fit my epi sg 400 custom..or will they be to big...

my epi sg is a black one

what casing would you suggest...i have the silver ones...
but i think i want gold...

EDIT: I play crunchy blues to megadeath...im using a FM-65 Fender but i may get a Crate Halfstacker...

im running through a Zoom G2 and DS7 distortion (which im using as a compressor) im going to get a TS-8 screamer and a weeping demon ( i had a crybaby but i sold it)
Last edited by jakerickman9208 at Sep 23, 2007,
^ +1 the sg custom wouldn't be so bad with a decent amp. it's always better to upgrade your amp first, and then pickups, as they are more of a subtle improvement.

wanna know why that crate halfstack is $398 now? because it's utter shit. if they wanna make such a profit, they probably put $75 of materials and workmanship into each one. i have one, and it's a terrible disappointment.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^isn't this the second time a threadstarter said he was gonna get new pickups and u suggested a new amp and they said they like their sound from their amp?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
listen mates...i like my fender, ok?....
thats not the point...i apriciate the oppinions ON THE FENDER but im looking for my GUITAR TONE to change not my amps tone...

and to EC yes it is...but i have (or so i think) decided on the p-ups...

THE FENDER HAS A GREAT TONE!
Yup.

Where's a banging head against a brick wall smiley when you need one?

The Fender DOES NOT HAVE GREAT TONE. If it did you wouldn't be worrting about pickups.

Fender frontman= bag of wank
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
fender has siht distortion...i know that

but the sound of the guitar when when run through my distortion on my g2 sounds pretty good....im totally satisfied with it...but i get frustrated when my friends and i play and there modded pups are outputting mine by 2 times the ammount. i want the output of the two p-ups i have chosen and the sound is what im looking for the most. if you want to help me out with that then thank you if you don't i appreciate your oppinions on my amps but im not looking for that right now.
Quote by jakerickman9208
fender has siht distortion...i know that

but the sound of the guitar when when run through my distortion on my g2 sounds pretty good....im totally satisfied with it...but i get frustrated when my friends and i play and there modded pups are outputting mine by 2 times the ammount. i want the output of the two p-ups i have chosen and the sound is what im looking for the most. if you want to help me out with that then thank you if you don't i appreciate your oppinions on my amps but im not looking for that right now.

really, you get out done man then what ya wanna do is buy a nice compression pedal lol, those jazz duncans are crazy arent they lol, nah man but really go with the what you want and if you dont like it just try again a lot of people do that
Quote by Ryan_0811
really, you get out done man then what ya wanna do is buy a nice compression pedal lol, those jazz duncans are crazy arent they lol, nah man but really go with the what you want and if you dont like it just try again a lot of people do that

hows your cancer going man?
Quote by jakerickman9208
hows your cancer going man?

quite well thx for asking but really man just go with what you got and if you dont like it you have plenty of time to get more money and reswap em out, if you dont like em put your stock back in and resell them and try again
Last edited by Ryan_0811 at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Or wait, are you saying your friends just sound louder than you on their amp..?

Because pickup output has very little to do with how loud your guitar is.

essentially
Quote by jakerickman9208
essentially

dud if that is the only reason for you to buy new pick ups dont waste your money because im sorry but thats stupid i mean just compress or turn up
Er...Well, maybe your problem is sound projection...
Regardless, I maintain that changing your pickups would be a waste of money for you, based on your amp and what you're hoping new pickups will do for you.

Try these things:
Place your amp against a wall, so there's more bottom end to your sound. FM's are open back amps, I believe, so "closing" it will help a little bit, and make it sound more directional.
Try placing your amp on a chair, or a stand, to help it project. Or tilt it back, so the speakers are aimed at your head, not your knees.
Read more here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600740
Quote by forsaknazrael
Er...Well, maybe your problem is sound projection...
Regardless, I maintain that changing your pickups would be a waste of money for you, based on your amp and what you're hoping new pickups will do for you.

Try these things:
Place your amp against a wall, so there's more bottom end to your sound. FM's are open back amps, I believe, so "closing" it will help a little bit, and make it sound more directional.
Try placing your amp on a chair, or a stand, to help it project. Or tilt it back, so the speakers are aimed at your head, not your knees.
Read more here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600740

fm 65's are closed
ok...im not getting it mainly to make it louder...im on like 2.5 on my amp and i have my zoom g2 foot pedal and it kranks...its not the loudness
i just want a good sound!
im looking to get a richer and thicker tone...a better tone...the amp and pedal are great for what i do...i need to get a thicker tone and i cant get that with my amp or my pedal
Quote by jakerickman9208
im looking to get a richer and thicker tone...a better tone...the amp and pedal are great for what i do...i need to get a thicker tone and i cant get that with my amp or my pedal

Because the amp is crap and you need a better one.

Not pickups, which won't make a gnat's ass worth of difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jakerickman9208

That completely contradicts what you just said...

You're problem is the amp just as everyone else has been trying to tell you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by steven seagull
Where's a banging head against a brick wall smiley when you need one?

exactly what we need. or one for the new emerging "facepalm."

i believe people should get banned for not listening to absolutely obvious points.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008