What is a good metal guitar for a budget of $500? I am looking for one with a locking trem. I was also looking at the Ibanez RG370DX would that be a good guitar? Please help me out with your ideas. thank you
you wont get a good reliable trem for that budget
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
He's right it's very hard to find a guitar at that price with a good trem. I would just look for a used guitar if you are going for that maybe you can find an awesome Ibanez that is barely used. Just look around.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Used RG550. Those can be had if you're patient and wait for one to crop up at that price. Used Jackson DK2s (get the one with real Seymour Duncans) can be had at that price as well.
Jackson X Series. The trem (based on mine) could be better, but it's nothing horrible. And the guitars are lovely. They're pushing the upper end of your budget mind.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=Jackson+X

(Note: I have no idea why those Warriors are basswood ...mine's alder)
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Ibanez S470 S Series how about that one what do you guys think of that one. I think I would have to save up a bit more though.
Quote by CJRocker
Used RG550. Those can be had if you're patient and wait for one to crop up at that price. Used Jackson DK2s (get the one with real Seymour Duncans) can be had at that price as well.

Can't go wrong with a nice RG550; slim neck, high quality and a good trem. If you want a new guitar on the other, the S470 suggested above me is also a good choice.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I just bought a Dean ML 79, awesome guitar, great value. In your price ranger, as well as the Dean 79 V and Zs.
Quote by gilbeaux1983
Ibanez S470 S Series how about that one what do you guys think of that one. I think I would have to save up a bit more though.

I own it. It's damn near perfect and the ZR bridge is wonderful. Worth saving up for, definitely.
Used old Japan RG with either an Edge or Lo-Pro Edge. None of that Edge II/Edge III/Lo-TRS junk.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Quote by gilbeaux1983

It'll be worth it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
IBANEZ BARITONE AXE MIKE MUSHOK SIGNATURE
MMM1 Mike Mushok Signature Model Key Features:

Matte finished mahogany body and thru-neck provide gargantuan tone and sustain.
28" scale baritone neck offers the ability to achieve all kinds of low tunings.
Massive MM bridge custom-designed for Mike Mushok allows radical intonation adjustments and augments the MMM1 great sustain.
Super 58 pickups custom wound for baritone.
Tuning machines feature low string posts for higher string tension off the nut.
List: $899.99
Available Finish: MOL (Mahogany Stained Oil)
Body Material: 5 pc Mahogany/Purple Wood Neck-Thru Body Construction
Neck Material: Mahogany
Neck Scale: 28" (Baritone)
No. Frets/Type: 22/Jumbo
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Inlay: N/A
Bridge: MM1
H/W Color: Chrome
Neck Pickup: Custom Wound Super 58
Bridge Pickup: Custom Wound Super 58
Controls: One tone, One volume, Three way lever switch
$475.FIRM no lowball offers! not a penny less.

How would this guitar be for Metal? will it be good for playing leads?
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
Schecter C-1 FR

check out adirondack guitars (google it)

they might have some in stock

Scheter guitars are good metal guitars for cheap.
For 500 i'd get a fixed bridge Scheter. I haven't played a scheter with a trem so i don't know what their like.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by gilbeaux1983
IBANEZ BARITONE AXE MIKE MUSHOK SIGNATURE
MMM1 Mike Mushok Signature Model

How seriously low do you want to downtune? If you are going around drop-C, then it'll be worth it. The neck thru construction should give you some seriously awesome highs.