Hi, i am thinking of buying one of these units? has anybody played both?how do they compare?

can the zoom be used like a single stomp box for effects like delay?

which is the most transparent?

please let me know what you think even if you haven't played both. thanks
i use my friends ME-50 alot... its very good, and there are some good distortions on it. Id definitely go with it.
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
I like the me-50, its the only one i've played, the delay so far is the only thing I haven't been able to accurately use, because I have a good delay setting on my amp. But I dont own it, I have just played it several times. I advise it.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by Sepulturick
i just managed to buy a zoom g2 for £30 including postage so i will see how it goes. cheers

fail
you should have got the Me-50
If you have to get a multieffects, then I'd say the boss. But it's really better just to get more customizable better sounding single effects. We could recommend some. As for delay, The DL-4 by Line 6 is very good if you want something like that, but if you want an analog simple one than there's something like the Memory Man by EHX. Those are both pretty expensive though.
i've played both, and for a multi-effects unit, the boss is BY FAR the better of the 2
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Horlicks
fail
you should have got the Me-50

well it's not really a fail. if i don't like the g2 i can easily sell it on for at least what I paid for it. if it really is a fail then i will try the boss next. that too may turn out to be a fail though. I have heard zoom's older pedals and they are ****e but reviews on harmony central suggest the g series are a lot better.

i'll let you know how i get along. at the end of the day for less than 1/3 of the price of the me50 i have got hold of a quite highly regarded bedroom level (at least) fx pedal. The size is also a big plus over the boss as my room is small.

tone is the most important thing, if the zoom sounds like crap i will admit it and quickly sell it on for something better.
zooms are good but you gotta be careful with the eq cause if you mess it up you can get a ugly sound, i have a g2 but im gonna just use it for things like tremolo and delay but im considering selling it 2
Quote by Ryan_0811
zooms are good but you gotta be careful with the eq cause if you mess it up you can get a ugly sound, i have a g2 but im gonna just use it for things like tremolo and delay but im considering selling it 2

the main thing i wanted an fx pedal for was (in no order):

1. something i can plug headphones into for late night practice
2. something i can use to add delay to my current amp
3. a noise gate or noise reducer
4. something to play around with to try out different fx that i am not experienced with.
5. something i can use with my current setup mid song (hence the importance of foot switches) desktop modellers were cancelled out because of their lask of footswitch on most models.
6. something to make my cleans more interesting

i am happy with my amps current distortion.

hopefully the g2 can do all of that for me. in all probability it won't last me long term but hope its a decent enough place to start again.

i used to own a line 6 pod 2(crap), korg ax1000g(decent-ish), vox ad15vt combo with all the fx on their and a line 6 spider II which was also poor. i have owned loads more guitars and amps but i am just talking about my fx experience. its not great.