Poll: What brand should I use?
Poll Options
View poll results: What brand should I use?
Tama
48 34%
Pearl
70 49%
Other
24 17%
Voters: 142.
Page 1 of 2
Ok, I have decided on what I'm going to get piece wise, but not brand wise. It's going to be a 5 rack tom, 2 floor tom, 1 snare, my own snare, 2 bass drums, my cymbals, and a drum rack. I know I have it as Tama on my account eqipment, but, that was back when I wanted Tamas.

A. Tama
B. Pearl
C. Other

I like Tama because my favorite drummers use them (Lars Ulrich Scott Travis Vinnie Paul -in Pantera- Dave lombardo Bill Ward) and because I like the sound of their bass drums (my favorite drummers bass drums that is). I like Pearl because they're somewhat affordable, exelent quality, and have alot of add-ons and other cool things. And, other was just too see if anybody else has things to say about other brands, I guess.

my set sizes, and gear.

Sabian: Cymbals

Vic firth: Drumsticks

Pearl: P220 bassdrum pedals

PDP: Symbal stands

Tama starclassic (Orange)/ Pearl Masters (not masterworks )/ other

Drum rack

8,10,12,14,16 toms

two 24x16" bass drums

two 18x16" floor toms

Royce: Metal snare with Aqaurion drum head

metal snare drum
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Last edited by metal overlord at Sep 25, 2007,
id go with tama as their hardware is far suprior, not to mention alot cheaper then pearl. Its preference really.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Tama Ftw!!!!!
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
pearl = fail.

its like the marshall of drums, sure its good quailty, but freakishly overpriced. i'd say ludwig FTW
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
TAMA, lawl..

If you go with electronic drums Rolland.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Alix_D
Yamaha, Ludwig, Pearl, Tama or Sonor.

Any of them will do you a superb job.

Sonor is expencive, very very expencive
Quote by metal overlord
Sonor is expencive, very very expencive

And very very high quality, it wasn't a question of price from what I can gather!
Well Tamas in the lead! But as of what Ive seen, Tama has nice stuff and all, but they don't have little "doodads" (lol -.-) and thingies you can add onto your drums. Pearl and Sonor have tons of little "geegahs" and "doohickeys" (i got these words from...my dad -.-).
Are Gretsches any good? As of what i've heard, they're pretty sweet.
I use Ludwig and I love my set
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
for starter kits which im assuming you are getting if you are asking for kit advice on a guitar forum (drummerworld.com FTW) most of the major manufacturers have good starter kits, but Mapex M series is the highest quality for the price. Hardware is a pain in the ass tho.

Edit..all drums can have add ons like cowbell, splash whatever you just have to buy additional cymbal stands to mount them on.
Last edited by ibanezed at Sep 23, 2007,
I have a Pearl set, and love it. Then again, some of my friends in other bands have Tama, Ludwig, and Yamaha (which was surprisingly good), so I'm undecided.

Gotta support the home team, so I say try out some Pearls.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Im not a begginner, im better than intermed, alot better,too. But im not exactly a "pro". So basically, theres a bad drummer, a good drummer, great drummer, and then awesome drummer. I'm awesome for my age, but to me, im in between good and great. i think.
I have 60s black Ludwig.

Get Ludwig.

Wanna know why? Zeppelin used Ludwig. That's right. Bonzo. You wanna be the next John Bonham? Get Ludwig. Don't know who John Bonham is? Quit playing drums. Now. You don't deserve to glace at a drum key if you do not know who he is. You don't know what a drum key is? Well...that's just sad. I mean...really. If you don't know what a drum key is, maybe you should take up kazoo, but use a tampon as the kazoo.
Quote by hard_rock101
if i started a brutal death metal band, id call it Bleeding Asshole
Quote by abdulalhazred
I really don't know whether I hope this is a troll thread or not....... I mean...either he raped a girl
Or thinks it's ****ing hilarious to joke about it.
He's a monster either way.
it says on your biog that you have the following gear

Sabian: Cymbals

Vic firth: Drumsticks

Pearl: P220 bassdrum pedals

PDP: Symbal stands

Tama: Tama starclassic (Orange)

Tama: Drum rack

Tama: 8,10,12,14,16

Tama: -Two 24x16" bass drums

Tama: two 18x16" floor toms

Royce: Metal snare with Aqaurion drum head

Tama: metal snare drum
---------------------

Liar!. If you had a starclassic anything better would be high end sonor or DW
No im not lieing, i put that because at the time, thats what i wanted, i knew for sure i was gunna get it. till my dad told me to do more research, so...yeah. other than that, is traffic cone orange a goofy color for a drum set? I wanna stand out, but...
Last edited by metal overlord at Sep 25, 2007,
Hold on so you want a 10 piece kit? 11 with your snare? What is your budget? ANd what sizes are all 7 toms going to be?
Not Enough AssHatery
here ill edit the origonal post and add the stuffs
Quote by MySweetFracture
Hold on so you want a 10 piece kit? 11 with your snare? What is your budget? ANd what sizes are all 7 toms going to be?

Actually, not as bad as you think. I get a sweet deal at Guitar-Center, for every $500 spent, I get $100 off. Dont know why though, i must be well liked there
Dude! This is coming from an experienced drummer with many family member's who also play, Drum Workshop! (DW)
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Quote by the metal bassi
Dude! This is coming from an experienced drummer with many family member's who also play, Drum Workshop! (DW)

DWs are nice, i like them. Them bass drum woofers liik sweet
Pearls FTW and buy a vinnie paul snare those are amazing.
LEAFS FOR CUP
The only thing i dont like about Pearl is that their bass drums dont sound like Tamas. Tama has a deep thoud, as Pearl has a differant sound. Im saying this because All my favorite drummers who have an awesome sounding bass drum use tamas!
Wow...Tama and Pearl are tied! didnt expect to see this
All the drummers out there join my other instruments group, the links in my sig
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If price is no object, get drums by a company called Kumu out of Finland. But you could easily get into a five figure price tag with you projected setup, but they sound godly.

Other than that. Maryland Drums always sound sick for metal.
Quote by J-Smack
I have 60s black Ludwig.

Get Ludwig.

Wanna know why? Zeppelin used Ludwig. That's right. Bonzo. You wanna be the next John Bonham? Get Ludwig. Don't know who John Bonham is? Quit playing drums. Now. You don't deserve to glace at a drum key if you do not know who he is. You don't know what a drum key is? Well...that's just sad. I mean...really. If you don't know what a drum key is, maybe you should take up kazoo, but use a tampon as the kazoo.

You sound like a bit of a fool, with your narrow-minded attitude to music, tastes and drums.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by J-Smack
I have 60s black Ludwig.

Get Ludwig.

dude.... ide flame away at you but im in warning, i dont wanna get banned.

get a dw if u can afford them.. not pacific.. but dw........ or get a ludwig thats why i have..... and buy EVANS EC2 heads.... oooooooommmmmmmmmmggggggg
Pearls new vision series is worthy of romance explosion.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
DDrums or Sonar. They are very underrated and cheap for the quality. Danny Carey uses sonar, and Danny Carey is a god.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Page 1 of 2