Im starting university tomorrow (i think) and ive got no idea what im supposed to do. They sent me a letter telling me to attend my first class/lecture on wednesday 26 september so i thought i would just go there and take it from there, but they then sent me a journal a few weeks later and inside it says about registering and getting matriculated before arttending any classes. Im going to go in tomorrow but i have no idea if im supposed to be there or where i go/meet. In peoples experiences, is this the case that i should go in and register before my start date?!? If so, do i need to take anything with me?

Im pretty confused about the whole thing and the lack on information i have been given doesnt help me at all. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ps Im studying in scotland if that makes a difference in anway.
I had to register online but could do it once I started or before.
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
I had to register to start my course on the Saturday before I started the following week for induction (Monday).

Phone up and ask or whatever.
Don't Scotland start a week earlier than England though?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
idk how it is over there but here i had to do an on campus orientation thing that was complete bull****. Even if you miss something they will take care of it so i wouldnt worry to much
“I used to be made fun of because I’d stay alone at home on weekends and play the guitar, but once I got good on the guitar, I got all the pussy I wanted"-EVH

Schcter C-1 Classic - Emg 81/85 @ 18 Volts
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 POD XT Live
What University you at?

You can attend class, just go to the registration (usually in the main hall of universities) and take your SAAS letter as well as your other stuff and you'll get your matric card.
Terms and Conditions apply.
American Universities are obviously quite different. We sign up for all of our classes in advance and just start showing up. Some of my classes have 100+ students (i've even had classes with 200+) so even if you didn't show up, nobody would know. You're still paying the tuition, and the class is on your schedule, so they don't care if you fail or not.

Do you guys have your classes assigned to you or do you pick them? I mean, obviously we have mandatory classes, but at Virginia Tech it doesn't really matter when you take them.

What is this registration process? Are you at a big university or a small one?
Quote by cagnius
What University you at?

You can attend class, just go to the registration (usually in the main hall of universities) and take your SAAS letter as well as your other stuff and you'll get your matric card.

Im at Napier, its the Merchiston campus. What will happen tho, i only applied for Saas funding a few weeks ago so i havent recieved the letter from them. I have no proof of who is going to be paying fees? Will i still be able to matric? or will they even let me join the class?!?