Page 1 of 3
What do ya'll think of Killswitch Engage's cover of Dio's Holy Diver? I personally think it's great!
In school, they told me, "Practice makes perfect". Then they said, "Nobody's perfect", so I quit practicing.
i love it...the video is great as well
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Never heard the KSE version of Holy Diver, but the Dio version kicks ass.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by bigmac2244
i really like it.
i think it may just beat the original...but only by the thinnest of margins.

NO.

It's a decent cover, though the added breakdown is pretty stupid.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I just bought the special edition of As Daylight Dies and it's awesome!
In school, they told me, "Practice makes perfect". Then they said, "Nobody's perfect", so I quit practicing.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Not better than the original thats for sure , also I loveeeeeeeeee pantera's cat scratch fever!!

I think it's as good as the original, as for Cat Scratch Fever, never really cared for either version, therefore the song...
I love it lol
completely made it their own
could easily be one of their album tracks they wrote
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
i like the solo. couiple of people in my college tutor are doing it
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
i think its a pretty badass cover, but the whole breakdown thing in the middle is sorta outta place.....u kno, how holy diver is a good song, and breakdowns are usually in bad songs
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
HOLY DIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1871328132897312

****ing funny song in my opinion, good as well.

I often get it stuck in my head at random times and I personally don't listen to it that much.

No idea what a KSE cover would be like of it...
Quote by gnrlover1
its ****ty imo, band like KSE are not worthy of playing dio.

in that case, what band in this day an age wud be actually worthy of playing dio's music?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
in that case, what band in this day an age wud be actually worthy of playing dio's music?

id like an answer
The Video has me cracking up every time i see it. The drummer repeatedly eatting chicken legs...
the video was worthy of a few lols and i was kinda good. nice cover KSE!
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
nothing, im a firm believer that 98% of todays music is crappy. flame me and die.
Quote by gnrlover1
nothing, im a firm believer that 98% of todays music is crappy. flame me and die.

Ok then, what is the 2% that doesnt suck?
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
I liked it until the KSE guy ****ed up "between the velvet lies" with a cliche metalcore scream. It's a nice modern version, but nothing beats Dio. Gotta check out the vid after all those comments, only seen the Dio version.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Moggan13
The Video has me cracking up every time i see it. The drummer repeatedly eatting chicken legs...

+1

I think it's great, I've been listening to it for over a year now because I got it on a CD from Kerrang! I think Adam makes a good princess, anyone agree??
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

It's a good cover, it really did breathe new life (see what i did there) on original and they definitely made it their own.
The video is genius. Wrong forum though?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
i think it's ok... and i'm not one of those closed minded douches who hates every remake of the classics. But i may be biased cuz i just saw Dio LAST NIGHT! hu-freakin-zah
So no-one ****in uploaded the mother****in video,you ****in mother****ers...Is it really that ****in hard to ****in put up the ****in link,in this ****in forum,on this ****in site you ****face???For ****in ****'s sake,**** damn you,you ****in ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW, YOU MADE ME ****IN GO TO ****IN YOUTUBE TO SEARCH FOR A BAND THAT I DON'T EVEN ****IN LIKE!!!You ****in shi--

BOOM!!

HEADSHOT!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Last edited by MegaShreeder at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by tommo619
+1

I think it's great, I've been listening to it for over a year now because I got it on a CD from Kerrang! I think Adam makes a good princess, anyone agree??

On the DVD, when he wears the cape. I like to visualize him, pretending to be Superman. I don't know why.
Quote by NutZz?

Craig Goldy is not worthy enough to touch that riff. Heck, even Vivian Campbell is not worthy enough to play that song now, after joining Def Leppard. Only the 80s Dio can play that song. No one else.

Just kidding.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
nothing beats the orignial it's good but not better. but in any terms that's song awesome *continues to sing it*
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by iceman95
nothing beats the orignial it's good but not better. but in any terms that's song awesome *continues to sing it*

Original kicks ass...

I don't like death or black metal,so I don't really like KSE,but I respect it!!But,why in the name of God would he effin growl on the song??And why did they added too much double-pedal and a breakdown??!!

Really,I don't think it's that great...

Maybe for fans of that style of music,but not for me!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
One amazing cover

possibly the best
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by MegaShreeder
Original kicks ass...

I don't like death or black metal,so I don't really like KSE,but I respect it!!But,why in the name of God would he effin growl on the song??And why did they added too much double-pedal and a breakdown??!!

Really,I don't think it's that great...

Maybe for fans of that style of music,but not for me!

What???
i thought the princess was hot and "she" turned me on...until i saw adams chest hair :
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Page 1 of 3