ok i need a new acoustic guitar the other i have is really bad and i hate it... anyways i still love playing but i need a few ideas on decent acoustic guitars i have recently "aquired" 200 quid from the bank so i have a bit of spending money lol no i didnt steal it how could you even think that anyways in the price range of 0 - £250 what would you say is your faveriot decent long lasting awesome sounding guitar and maybe a link to a picture or somthing please. thanks in advance
Last edited by dobby240 at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by escobar71
Look up at the top of this forum....

yeh thats great but i asked for oppinions please
bump it up to 325 quid and you can get yourself one of the fender exotic wood searies guitars. They have solid wood back, sides, and top. You can get Nato which sounds like mahogany, bubinga which sounds a little brighter and boomier than rosewood, or Masacar ebony (I think they call it asian ebony) which sound like like rosewood but with a slight sparkle to the tone. All 3 are a very good value for the money and would be a great choice for a pro musician so they are more than enough for a bedroom player. They are build to a higher standard than taylor guitars that cost 3 times as much and the woods they use are just as nice, if not nicer.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by dobby240
yeh thats great but i asked for oppinions please

There are many opinions of different guitars in that thread. I was suggesting that you look at the thread to give you an idea of which guitars to start looking at. Then go play some of those guitars and decide which you like the best as far as sound and feel.
Quote by CorduroyEW
bump it up to 325 quid and you can get yourself one of the fender exotic wood searies guitars. They have solid wood back, sides, and top. You can get Nato which sounds like mahogany, bubinga which sounds a little brighter and boomier than rosewood, or Masacar ebony (I think they call it asian ebony) which sound like like rosewood but with a slight sparkle to the tone. All 3 are a very good value for the money and would be a great choice for a pro musician so they are more than enough for a bedroom player. They are build to a higher standard than taylor guitars that cost 3 times as much and the woods they use are just as nice, if not nicer.

I would disagree with this. Fender makes pretty crappy acoustics in general. I've played up and down the line and have yet to find one that is worth the price. You'd do well looking for a used Seagull, the Mini Jumbo and Folk are my favorites. Lots of people just like the basic Dread.
Quote by Herr Jones
I would disagree with this. Fender makes pretty crappy acoustics in general. I've played up and down the line and have yet to find one that is worth the price. You'd do well looking for a used Seagull, the Mini Jumbo and Folk are my favorites. Lots of people just like the basic Dread.

ooh so much choice ty loads guys
Quote by Greentreejester
Maby a washburn d10-s.

+1 Great guitars for a good price
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by Herr Jones

Fender does make crap acoustics in general. In general I tell people to stay away from fender acoustics. This is NOT your general fender guitar. This line of fender guitars is more of what you would expect to get from Tacoma. Perhaps the fact that fender acoustics and Tacoma acoustics are made is the same building is starting to have an effect??? or perhaps fender just wants to prove that they can make a good acoustic. I don't know, but I do know that, speaking as a luthier, this is a great guitar for a great price.
Not taking any online orders.