Page 1 of 2
Whats a good song my band could do that has Pretty impressive( but not overly Difficult) guitar? it doesnt have to be immpressive to a guitar player, but it needs to impress this girl i like. and before you start saying "Dont use guitar to impress girls, play guitar because you want to" and stuff like that. i do play cuz i want to, tyvm. SO any suggestions on songs are greatly appreciated, just try to stay away from any extreme genres.
Freebird!!
Do It!!
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
Freebird!!
Do It!!

yup, end of.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Im gonna go for the predictable bugger award and say sweet child o mine
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
you could do snow by rhcp, but its kind of difficult at first and might take you a while to get that riff down. Or an incubus song like I wish you were here or pardon me.
Welcome to the Jungle always works nicely.

I say that about everything though :P
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
what type of girl are we talking?

pop punk, emo, greeb, screamo hardcore (spit in her eye), metal (wishful thinking), hillbilly?
Quote by The Madcap
Tapping impresses people.

Sad but true.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Try Midnight by Joe Satriani. It sounds hard but it's quite easy.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

a few that are good for girls:

Incubus-Drive, Stellar
Foo Fighters-Everlong
Oasis-Wonderwall
Rise Against-Swing Life Away
Breaking Benjamin-Rain

there are bajillions more, but those have always worked for me
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Whats a good song my band could do that has Pretty impressive( but not overly Difficult) guitar? it doesnt have to be immpressive to a guitar player, but it needs to impress this girl i like. and before you start saying "Dont use guitar to impress girls, play guitar because you want to" and stuff like that. i do play cuz i want to, tyvm. SO any suggestions on songs are greatly appreciated, just try to stay away from any extreme genres.

From a non-guitarist point of view, Sweet Child 'O Mine is impressive, and it makes the chicks damp every time.

So, Sweet Child 'O Mine FTW.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
From a non-guitarist point of view, Sweet Child 'O Mine is impressive, and it makes the chicks damp every time.

So, Sweet Child 'O Mine FTW.

I disagree. Playing Sweet Child O' Mine to a girl you like just seems a little weird, doesn't it?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I disagree. Playing Sweet Child O' Mine to a girl you like just seems a little weird, doesn't it?

Not really.
Chicks love it, plus the song wasn't written about a child, if thats what you think. It was written about Axl Rose's wife, as a love ballad, so I don't think how it could be more appropriate.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
Not really.
Chicks love it, plus the song wasn't written about a child, if thats what you think. It was written about Axl Rose's wife, as a love ballad, so I don't think how it could be more appropriate.

Meh. I still think it's odd. Maybe I'm alone in that though.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
what type of girl are we talking?

pop punk, emo, greeb, screamo hardcore (spit in her eye), metal (wishful thinking), hillbilly?

Dunno how to describe her, she listens to metal(earlier stuff like AC/DC and rock like the Who) and she also listens to gangsta rap, so pretty well anything will do. Rocks probobly best though
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138
play eruption.

it's honestly not THAT hard.

I second that, but to my knowledge there is no bass in only about 5 seconds worth of drums
You don't have to play a song. Just do some tapping licks. They will be like "OMG he is playing with not one but TWO hands on the neck!" "This guy must be God!"
Learn many scales and do an improv. Remember to include tapping because experience has taught me that it does impress. Playing as fast as possible will (unfortunately) probably impress her. Make sure you can actually pull it off though.

Or just learn Canon Rock.
Come at me bro.
ELECTRIC EYE! from judas priest it owns anything
and impresses alot of the female gender :P
John Butler- Ocean
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by break-me-in
Meh. I still think it's odd. Maybe I'm alone in that though.

I think I agree.

It isn't the sorta song you perform to a girl, well, uh. What I mean is it's one of those songs more about someones inner feelings than outwards.

Bloody hell it's hard to word but I think you get what I mean.
Quote by H(i)SS

PAJARO LIBRE!

o tambien puedes tocar "Orale, Delilah" si quieres provocar la ira mia.

Nice spanish you got there.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
Page 1 of 2