Poll: Fruity Loops. Gay, or okay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Fruity Loops. Gay, or okay?
I like it
29 59%
I hate it
5 10%
I don't give a sh*t
12 24%
Voters: 49.
I want to know UGs opinion on FL. Personally I love it, it's a great writing tool, and great for experimentation.

However, it IS made for techno, which isn't really a downside in my opinion, but techno isn't generally a guitarist's favourite kind of music.

If you have no idea what FL can sound like, check out my profile, everything is made on there.

So, your opinion?
I somehoe got a free version with my soundcard, its pretty cool obviously i don't have everything but the stuff do have is sweet. It was a life saver when my internet went down.
I quite like it, and now this is here , let me ask a question.

How come when I try to use Piano roll, it only lets the notes sit inbetween the lines, without letting them overlap ? This means that everything is heavily quantized, and I don't want this. It never used to happen, and it's just started doing it every time I use it.

Can anyone help ?
There is poetry in despair.
Ohooo ops i though you were talking aout fruit loops, so i voted "I like it"
Looking for a new sig!
i like resees pieces better.

FOR BREAKFAST, silly.
OLiNOLiN

Quote by Napalmdeth

bassists are not people

Quote by figsandbobo
Sometimes I stick my penis in the hole in the center of the CDs.

Quote by fridge_raider
I quite like it, and now this is here , let me ask a question.

How come when I try to use Piano roll, it only lets the notes sit inbetween the lines, without letting them overlap ? This means that everything is heavily quantized, and I don't want this. It never used to happen, and it's just started doing it every time I use it.

Can anyone help ?

Hmm. I think that happened to me once. I dunno if this makes sense, but try playing the part on your keyboard (piano or just you keyboard for the comp, w/e) while you're recording, so then it puts down the part for you on the piano roll. then, if you're out of time, you just fix it up on the piano roll.
No one helping me with my question ?

And if we're playing 'which is better', I'd have to say that Logic beats it, but Fruity Loops isn't meant to be industry standard anyway.

EDIT: ^Thanks for that , but I really was talking about when you just sequence stuff with the mouse, drums for instance.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fenderbender111
i like resees pieces better.

FOR BREAKFAST, silly.

Candy for Breakfast!?!?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
TBH FL studio is soo easier than reason and logic to do anything on which results in good sounding tunes easily.

It is good and i used to use FL but i have moved up to Ableton live now
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
How can software possibly have sexual relations with another pice of software of the same sex?

And I have downloaded the free demo of it fomr the webiste but it seems complictaed and they won't let me on they're tutorials. Maybe I'll try now.
Hey I'm getting the hang of this... maybe I'll post up demo song I just made. It won't let me save but I'll find away of importing it.
I only use it for some VST plugins (drums, accordion, I love that I can compose a midi in GP, and turn it into real drums). The rest is in the hands of Adobe Audition!
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Yeah I like it. Only for making random techno/club beats though, for other stuff I use sibelius.

Though a friend of mine uses it to make his own rap albums. I know it's not the most popular genre around these boards, but he's actually pretty good and fairly well-known around our area.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
It's a pretty amateurish program. The best part is the Sytrus plugin, which can be downloaded by itself I think.
Damn. It only expoted the end! Well, go on my profile and theres 7 seconds of fruity goodness I made. I've lost the rest of the song though....
I tried it once when I was maybe 10 at geek camp, but I didn't know enough about music then to do much good. I DL'd the demo but haven't had any time to experiment much, it takes a little while to get used to. I wish it was a lot cheaper.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"