hey, i have a Squier Master Series Thinline Telecaster. I was wondering what is good amp that is powerful enough to handle a gig, but affordable to me ($300-$400)i found a Fender frontman 100 watt, but it is now gone.any ideas. WELL MY STYLEE I PLAY IS REGGAE. so i need a good amp for that. also an effect, is there any good delay/echos out there, or any other suggestions for a reggae player like me?
thanks
gracen
heartagram
It'd be much better to get a small tube amp, rather than a big solid state one, like the Frontman. Look at Fender Blues Juniors.
what about a fender FM 212R or a Fender FM 212DSP 100 Watt 2x12 Frontman Combo Amp with DSP Effects
heartagram
^ Bad idea, those amps aren't the best and for the price you could do much better. If you want a nice SS amp try the Vox Valvetronix I mentioned below.

Quote by Gracen
hey, i have a Squier Master Series Thinline Telecaster. I was wondering what is good amp that is powerful enough to handle a gig, but affordable to me ($300-$400)i found a Fender frontman 100 watt, but it is now gone.any ideas. WELL MY STYLEE I PLAY IS REGGAE. so i need a good amp for that. also an effect, is there any good delay/echos out there, or any other suggestions for a reggae player like me?
thanks
gracen

Fender Blues Junior should work well enough and you can order one new fro $400 from Here

I don't know if the Blues Junior could handle big gigs but some users here say it can do smaller and medium gigs fine. Especially if it is miced up.

If your a bit low on cash and need to go solid state the Vox valvetronix amps are pretty good, not sure how giggable it is but it should be around the same volume as the BJ.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=482615

Edit: If possible I recommend going in a store and trying these amps yourself.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Sep 23, 2007,