Page 1 of 6
Okay so in Tennessee their making it so we cant smoke in restraunts
Ive been hanging out at this coffee shop with all my friends for like 3 years
We all smoke

The shop got all the chairs and tables in the smoking section and packed them up

They got a sign that says "No Smoking" now

We went to a bar

We started smoking

Bartender tells us no smokers in here

Its happening all over again
There was already enough smoking sections and nobody sits near the no smoking sections if they care that much
What the hell are smokers going to do?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Your comparing smoking, a choice, to skin colour, something you're born with.

Unlike Smoking, sitting in a café being black isn't going going to harm the people around you.

Shut up.
Last edited by rizo299 at Sep 23, 2007,
.. dude get over it, ok u may be against the ban but it wont change its happening everywhere. get used to it. dont over react ^o)

besides, second hand smoke kills, something you know already. Thats vastly different from the segregation you are comparing it to,.
smoke outside. us californians manage just fine.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
wow. i cannot believe you compared anti-smoking laws to racial segregation. smoking is a choice, buddy. people choose to smoke. second-hand smoke can hurt people, so people that don't smoke generally don't want to be around smokers. you can't decide to be black. you can't be harmed by being around a black person. racial segregation was ignorant and stupid. segregating smokers from non-smokers makes perfect sense because frankly, i don't want to smell your goddamn cigarettes.
Smoking affects not only you but everyone around you. Skin color has no physical affect on other people. If you want to smoke, do it in the privacy of your own home.
How about... stop smoking?

This is such a terrible analogy to racism. Being black doesn't harm yourself or other people; being a smoker does.

Moron.
Looking for my India/Django.
One is free to do what one wants unless one brings harm to others.
no dude. shut the **** up. that's not funny or intelligent. you're being discriminated against for a choice (a stupid choice i might add), not cuz of some adaptational technicality that tells people to hate you from the moment you're born. grow up and deal with it.
What an idiot, this doesn't even deserve an answer.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I like my air tar free thank you. Your a pussy really, you come to the pit to complain about not being able to smoke, while offending every ethnic person here. Good thing we can't find you...

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

That is.. absolutely insane. How can you compare smoking to being of a different nationality!?
My name is Marc! Silly username.
i gotta agree with everyone else
that is a REALLY stupid comparison.
.....dumbass
Quote by Friggly
my balls undropped...they're not all like low and stuff, and they look like they did when I was little...I still spew and stuff. Is it possible that I may be getting younger by the minute?!

haha^^
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Capt. Crow
*laughs and points* Nobody cares that you're slowly killing yourself!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
You should come to England. You're not allowed to smoke ANYWHERE INDOORS. I smoke, but I don't mind. It's only polite.
If you don't like it, dont smoke. And please don't compare it to segragation, that is ****ing disgraceful.

I really hope you get cancer.
Go play in traffic...
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
smoking takes up your time, your money, and for what? a 5-minute break to inhale some smoke? and how do you feel afterwards? calm? you can achieve the same amount of calmness by going outside and breathing clean air for 5 minutes. get over it.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Are you seriously comparing hundreds of years of oppression and racism to not being allowed to smoke indoors in public places? Deal with it people in the UK manage just fine going outside for a smoke
my band Crimson Angel

PM me if you're interested in drumming for us
Quote by rizo299

Unlike Smoking, sitting in a café being black isn't going going to harm the people around you.

Shut up.

Well that pretty much settles this.

I'll have a bourbon.
well, he lives in TN, so hes a dumbass redneck, just ignore him and let him fornicate with his cousin

/ashamed to live in TN
//hates rednecks
///wants to leave
Quote by makuserusukotto
well, he lives in TN, so hes a dumbass redneck, just ignore him and let him fornicate with his cousin

/ashamed to live in TN
//hates rednecks
///wants to leave

lol...that is great...
Quote by Friggly
my balls undropped...they're not all like low and stuff, and they look like they did when I was little...I still spew and stuff. Is it possible that I may be getting younger by the minute?!

haha^^
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Capt. Crow
Eh. I smoke, but I've always gone outside. It's polite. More polite than some of the anti-smoking posts in this thread, I might add. I've seen people get warned for less than that. Take your high horses elsewhere.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Eh. I smoke, but I've always gone outside. It's polite. More polite than some of the anti-smoking posts in this thread, I might add. I've seen people get warned for less than that. Take your high horses elsewhere.

Mine was dripping with sarcasm, could you not tell?

(Although I am opposed to smoking, I'm just not actually up for being a prick about it.)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Everyone's taking this a bit seriously with all the "go die" kind of comments (is this YouTube?), but yeah, you really shouldn't even THINK of comparing a smoking ban to segregation mate.
Quote by TOAOIsaac
I like my air tar free thank you. Your a pussy really, you come to the pit to complain about not being able to smoke, while offending every ethnic person here. Good thing we can't find you...

or can we??? muaahahahahahah....

ok nope we cant find you you lucky s.o.a.b.
The government has no right to tell private property owners what they can permit on their premises. If you don't like smoke in bars, don't go to bars that allow smoking.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
The government has no right to tell private property owners what they can permit on their premises. If you don't like smoke in bars, don't go to bars that allow smoking.

Smoking is the active choice, therefore none smokers should always take priority
Quote by Meths

I guess you opposed the smoking ban then?

The government have the right to stop it if it's a health risk to other citizens.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
You're putting other peoples health at risk by smoking in public. Stop being so selfish and smoke at home
Quote by Meths
Yes they do, you can't kill people on private property, can you? When I was younger I had really bad asthma and had to go to the hospital several times due to smoking
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by rizo299

Shut up.

he wins. you lose.

and he's a coheed fan!!! w00t
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
i think it should still be a business's choice. say i own a restaurant and i allow smokers. well, if people dont like that there are others in my restaurant who smoke they can go eat somewhere else. im not forcing them to eat my food while blowing smoke in their face. im putting my business at risk by allowing smoking in my restaurant. what happened to capitalism?
^+1

Nothing to do with capitalism though, it's a personal liberty issue, not an economic one.

Quote by rizo299
Smoking is the active choice, therefore none smokers should always take priority

No. You should not. It is not your property, you have no right to be there and your opinion means fuck all.

Quote by break-me-in
I guess you opposed the smoking ban then?

The government have the right to stop it if it's a health risk to other citizens.

Those people are putting themselves in that position. The government cannot save you from yourself. You don't have to go to the bars and breathe in second hand smoke but you choose to do so. That is your problem. You should not try to remove the rights of others because you don't like how they behave.

Quote by element4433
You're putting other peoples health at risk by smoking in public. Stop being so selfish and smoke at home

Stop being so selfish and trying to get owners of private properties to abide by your rules.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde