Helloooo UG =)

My band has decided that we are good enough to play a live gig. However we know nothing about arranging them. Could anyone please give advice on how to arrange a gig?

Thanks
Aren't there a few stickies on this kind of stuff?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Yeah there are but i mean like what do you talk to ppl in charge of the club about?
Heres a little advise abotu how I would go about it.
First of all decide if you want to headline or not. If so get some opening bands or if you dont want to headline find another badn that would. I would say 3-4 bands would be ood for a show, that seems to be the usual around here. Next pick sonme dates you would like to play, make sure you have plenty of options in case some dont work. Then either call or email the venue. Tell them Who would be playing, the styles of music, and the dates you are interested in and just be willing to work with em a bit
-------------------------------------------------
Rythem Guitar/Singer-Smoke Patterns
www.myspace.com/smokepatterns

Quote by its irrelevant
I think you should go to the Amazon, cut down a tree and make one guitar out of it, then burn the rest.

Spiting Al Gore FTW
Hi
Go to a pub that puts on regular gigs and tell them what you do. Pubs pay About £100+ which is crap but better than a kick in the teeth.
A few things though, if your music is very heavy (I noticed System of a Down lurking in your profile,) make sure the pub is one which is used to this kind of rock, rather than the Cliff Richard type.
Make sure you see the money at the end of the gig and count it in front of the payer.
Enjoy the nerves of your first gig. They really are priceless. I stopped gigging when I started falling asleep on stage! -This was after several thousand gigs! Best of luck!
I'd recommend playing your very first gig in a garage in front of friends. It'll be good to get feedback from people that know you, and you won't be embarrased in front of.

If you want to play in a club or bar, talk to some local bands about opening for them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
be polite to the staff and other bands. that will always get you far. dont be cocky, cuz then everyone will hate you no matter how good your show is
Quote by webbtje
I'd give myself buttsecks, because I have a small penis.

www.myspace.com/southeastexit
My Band. Check it out.
its metal/electronica
Thanks a lot guys! You've been a great help!

We've now booked a gig at a local club and we are supporting Rise to Addiction, which is awesome =D
Quote by SpiritOfRadio11
Heres a little advise abotu how I would go about it.
First of all decide if you want to headline or not. If so get some opening bands or if you dont want to headline find another badn that would. I would say 3-4 bands would be ood for a show, that seems to be the usual around here. Next pick sonme dates you would like to play, make sure you have plenty of options in case some dont work. Then either call or email the venue. Tell them Who would be playing, the styles of music, and the dates you are interested in and just be willing to work with em a bit

Pshht here in the US most places dont pay jack. The one place down here pays $10 for gas, and it's not guaranteed you actually get it.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

WARNING!: Every thread i touch dies.......
Haha, here, you play for free, or you don't play. Sometimes the best bands might play a show in Tucson (about 90 miles away) and get some money, but overall, there is no where to play other than the park (where obviously you won't get paid, unless you sell some merch or something). I do like this on a certain level, because it gives you a nicer learning curve (you don't have to worry about the club owner getting pissed at you or anything, and the crowd is apathetic at wors.)

Haha, there was one bar here that tried to do a show with local bands...I don't think it went over well. (It was $10 to get it, under 21, and you weren't allowed to mosh. Haha.)