Ok so im in my junior year of high school my gpa is a 3.9 outa 4.0 and well according to my mom im not gonna get into any college. I got a 96 on my first test of the year and well im grounded for not getin 100. My mom is flipping out that i dont work hard enough and im a failure. Im not allowed to have a gf(this isnt really enforced but its brought up occasianly as ive had many gfs so it still anoying when she brings it up) She also makes fun of my friends and calls them retarded and says there a bad influence on me. And everytime i find something fun to do football,games, guitar, that is always the reason for my underachieving anyway does anyone have any parents like this? and sorry for writing a book i just had to rant.

so anyone else have elitist parents?

sorry for the rant
ED REED BABY
My mom calls me lasy when shes just as lazy, and claims she cant do anything because she has a MILD case of arthritis.
?!
Kill her. No offense man, but she sounds crazy and is totally wrong.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I get this all the time

Seriously swear and shout at her a few times

Puts the bitch back in her place
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
*ding-ding*

it's grant-a-rant time!!!

that's really ****ty i guess, but afterall they want you to be the best and achieving very high targets, it's human efficiency, maybe she wanted to raise you up to say "**** you!" to the statistics

what the hell am i on about!???
DANK MEMES
I would just start failing then tell her you'll bring your grades up if she stops being a douche.

and no, not really, as long as i wasnt failing, my parents didnt care.
Can I have your phone number, I'll call her and set her straight.

Don't actually give me your number, that'd be creepy, but I'd still like to tell someone like that off.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Are you Asian? Because if you are, tell her to stop advancing stereotypes.
<Han> I love Hitler
Your mom sounds like a bitch,to be honest with you.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
you Indian too lol? jk my parents aren't that bad, they just flip out when i don't get A's (which i inevitably always do ).

this'll surely come off as ghey, but she just wants to see you succeed, dude. it couldn't hurt to work a little harder. you don't think this could have something to do with cash-money? every parent wants to see their kid get a hefty scholarship, so just keep that in mind before you go making death threats.
oh welcome to my world. They're so used to me getting A's, that if they see a B anywhere in my report they'll slay my sorry lil ass
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
Now it's time to have me say something worth reading.

Ask her how SHE did in school.

She'll get defensive.It's funny.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
i had to get all A's or B's , but it slowly declined to C's and well...now i just get whatever. I dont care much anymore about grades. You should just let your grades slip a little, rebel against your mom and maybe you can get some space.
I hate when parents do that especially when they got like ****ing F's and dropped out of highschool, and they have the balls to yell at me for a couple of C's. assholes... =C
well, at least your parents care. when you're a successful adult you'll be more happy about your current state than missing your childhood..... i think.
i was about to ask if your asian too
and you should literally throw a **** fit, go nuts on your mom. and remind her that you a kid this is not pro football and **** like that, also tell her to **** herself with something
give her the finger and leave and go to a friends for a while and take a house key
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Quote by armon77
well, at least your parents care. when you're a successful adult you'll be more happy about your current state than missing your childhood..... i think.

Uh, Michael Jackson anyone?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
dude. my mom's almost like that.

she's been so used to me getting a's and b+'s in middle school, and I got a D in english honours (i didn't read the summer reading book and got a D on the test) and she almost died.

Just tell them to calm down.
say "I'm trying my best, **** off.''
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

ill help you hide the body.

in the words of jack black, "i didnt go to college. and look at me. i'm kickass!!!"
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
I think you deserved it dude, no offense but your parents want to turn you into a lethaly efficient succes machine, if you don't get that 100 someone else will and you don't want that do you? Your parents know you can do more than a score of 96. It's saddening to see someone settle for less these days, just you wait till the dollar plummets, you have no clue what kind of hell is coming soon.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
Deal with it, everyone goes through it - I had 5 years of it and now its ALL calmed down that i've left school and started collegeb - I've had so many heated arguements but... no offence to your mother but she sounds mental (My mum is mental but in a schizophrenic way).
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6
WTF?! 96 is an awesome score. Your mom should be fucking proud of you. I almost jabbed a pen in my eye because what she's doing pisses me off so much. I am seriously enraged.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by H(i)SS
you Indian too lol? jk my parents aren't that bad, they just flip out when i don't get A's (which i inevitably always do ).

this'll surely come off as ghey, but she just wants to see you succeed, dude. it couldn't hurt to work a little harder. you don't think this could have something to do with cash-money? every parent wants to see their kid get a hefty scholarship, so just keep that in mind before you go making death threats.

if he has a 3.9 he's doing pretty good..unless thats weighted and including electives/academic labs
My parents were very much the same when I was in school. Maybe not as extreme though lol. Bring home a report card with 10 A+'s and a C and they sit there and yell at me forever about getting a C.

Something I've learned in life though. Grades get you into a College/University, and grades there maybe nets you your first job. From there on in your life those little A's and B's mean absolutely nothing in comparison to your networking / social abilities.
From there on in your life those little A's and B's mean absolutely nothing in comparison to your networking / social abilities
I think my father agrees with you, although he still does seem to place quite some importance on grades and whatsuch
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
you can get into any college with a 3.9... what the ****, you got introuble for getting a 96 on your test? You sound like your smart enough to make it on your own. run away from home, foo
Quote by palfguy
if he has a 3.9 he's doing pretty good..unless thats weighted and including electives/academic labs

It's still a B in the American grading system.
<Han> I love Hitler
You mom is living her life through you. Tell her to screw herself, from the sounds of it, your grades are awesome, she's just power mad. Get social services on her as she sounds like she's got OCD about you being "perfect" in her mad eyes.
In other news, "elitist" is nominated for the UG buzzword of the year, regardless of it's correct usage.
Seriously though, that sucks. My parents kinda gave up after they realized that I wasn't going to be academically perfect through high school.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

dude lol. id just give her a couple smacks... dont have to go that far
She doesn't want you to have a GF, and grounded you for getting a 96/100?!
Did she go through hard times, or poverty in her childhood? Sometimes parents tend to throw their frustrations in life on their children...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I hate parents like that, no offence of course.
Best thing you can do is learn a lesson about how to treat your kids when you get some.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
That acutally sounds pretty bad man, my parents have always been pretty nice relaly. especially my dad
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
My parents have always been trying to force me to work on my grades, ironically the more they shout and yell at me the less I do. I used to be the nerdy guy, now I'm the guy in the back of class with the pantera t shirt chatting loudly and laughing. Funny how things work out I had a 4.7 out of a 6.0 on my junior high / middle school tho, which got me into the High School I'm in, I really need to pick up my grades tho, as I want a 5.3 or something for the college I want to go to.
Quote by Wayward_Son
In other news, "elitist" is nominated for the UG buzzword of the year, regardless of it's correct usage.
Seriously though, that sucks. My parents kinda gave up after they realized that I wasn't going to be academically perfect through high school.

Very true.

It's almost as bad as "Gastropub". Almost.