AMAZING!
One of the best gig's i have seen.
So anyone else go?
You only saw the Misfits if Danzig was singing, so you didn't see the Misfits
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i loled.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
They're playing NYC on halloween. Maybe by some magical power of Misfits+halloween Danzing will decide to sing for them that night. Then I'd see them.
They come here the 26th. I'll prabobly go, just cause they play just about every song off the old albums, and it's better than nothing. Danzig comes here the day before it too, and hes playing with Doyles new band Gorgeous Frankenstien, so I'm sure they'll tear out some Misfits.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I saw the Misfits in 2000 2 gigs after Michael Graves left the band and they had the singer from Ignite fill in. He did a pretty good job cause he did his own thing instead of trying to match the ego of Danzig. I was kinda bummed when I found out Graves wasn't going to be there but the show was still pretty rad. I'm tired of the whole Graves vs. Danzig crap, Danzig was a great singer, and if it weren't for Graves and Only alot of kids would never get the chance to listen to The Misfits. But once Jerry Only took over everything I lost all respect for them and haven't listened to the new Misfits at all.

hmmm..?
i get it but
why lose respect for them just because jerry only took over?
people should get over the whole Danzig argument
Quote by TheDukeVineyard
I saw the Misfits in 2000 2 gigs after Michael Graves left the band and they had the singer from Ignite fill in. He did a pretty good job cause he did his own thing instead of trying to match the ego of Danzig. I was kinda bummed when I found out Graves wasn't going to be there but the show was still pretty rad. I'm tired of the whole Graves vs. Danzig crap, Danzig was a great singer, and if it weren't for Graves and Only alot of kids would never get the chance to listen to The Misfits. But once Jerry Only took over everything I lost all respect for them and haven't listened to the new Misfits at all.
Danzig was the first Misfits singer I heard
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Storer
i get it but
why lose respect for them just because jerry only took over?

The few covers I heard off of P1950 really weren't that good, and doing a covers album is a pretty hacky way to make people care about your band again, beyond that I haven't listened to any of it. Jerry Only in my opinion is just keeping the Misfits alive to milk all the attention and money out of it that he can. I know that the Misfits weren't exactly a political band, nor did they make many social statements as a band. But they were still part of punk rock since the beginning, and being a capitalist is just something punk bands don't do. The Misfits have the largest collection of merchandise rivaled only by KISS. I don't know, when they started of course they had a gimmick with the make up and everything, but now that gimmick has become this ridiculous money making facade. I just have no respect for any band or artist who sacrifices their morals, artistic, and musical talent for a nice wad of cash to sit on when they get too old to hold anyones interest.
I've never been to any "gig's".

I was thinking of going to see the 'Fits at Southampton Guildhall, but they moved it to Soton Uni.
Im thinking about going to see them in Ohio next month, but it might be a waste of time. The Misfits today are just a marketing scheme. Corporate ****.
Quote by element4433
Danzig was the first Misfits singer I heard

Same here. I guess we're just tr00 p0nx. *-)
Quote by neidnarb11890
Same here. I guess we're just tr00 p0nx. *-)
*-)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Everyone who says Jerry's a sell-out dont know what theyre talking about. I agree with everyone when they say this isn't the real Misfits, and i appreciate the original Misfits more than most people,if not everyone on here, so dont get me wrong. It doesnt make sense when you call Jerry a sell-out. In my opinion he is ruining the Misfits name, but he never sold out. Sure they have thier name on everything and have everything of thiers sold everywhere. I know back in the originl line-up that it wasnt like that, and that Danzig wouldn't have let it been like that, but he's not in the band anymore. Jerry was'nt really ever against that ****. I'm sure if Glenn or whoever let the band go in that direction, thats how they wouldve been 30 years ago. I still beleive that Jerry is keeping the Misfits going for the fans. They still tour all the time, and still put on a show as best they can. ****, they go through 60 songs a night, you cant name many other bands that do that. Jerry is just advertising the **** outta the Misfits. I dont think he's trying to milk what they were, I think he's trying to keep them going and make it like they never disbanded. You' cant call Jerry a sell-out for doing something he never said/was against in the first place. He is ****ing up and dfragging down the name though, but thats a different story.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
I'm currently being persuaded to join a Misfits tribute band.

I'm trying to work out a way to do it and keep my integrity. Hmm...
PS.) Jerry Only DID sell out, he brought out crappy toys and hot topic clothes, and reinvented the music to appeal to a new generation of "punk" fans.

Fair enough if he wants to bring back his youth, but he could at least do it a la 1970's and give a few extra nods to the past.
Yeah, I agree about him bringing back the past in a better way. Actually, i think the Misfits are dead and should stay that way, but If Jerry's gonna keep em going then i'd rather them be like they were than a completely different band with a band name from 30 years ago.

I dont agree with the statement of him bringing back the Misfits to appeal to a new generation though. Ever since the Misfits broke in 1983, everything he's done has been in vein of the Misfits. He never got over them. Besides, he was talking about ressurecting the Misfits ever since like the late 80's, and they officially got back together in 95, way before Hot Topic even opened.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
To TheDukeVinyard(My computers ****ed up, It freezes everytime i quote" :

In what way did Jerry Only sacrifice his morals, or artistic/moral talent?

He didnt sacrifice his morals, he was never against anything that he's doing now. I'm sure he wouldve tried to do everything he's doing now back then if Danzig would've let him. He's never said or acted against anything he's doing at the moment.

He never sacrificed his artistic talent. I dont really think he ever had any (in the Misfits i mean). They still use the same logos they did before, except for maybe a couple lame new ones, but I dont see that as sacrificing artistic talent, I see it as him making a logo he likes but I do not.

And his musical talent - Have you ever seen the new line-up live? They play the same way they did before ( Jerry's not moving as much though, hes got a mic to use this time around), and 90% of their shows are songs written with Danzig. Even with the new albums, he said, along with Doyle, that they didnt try to change anything up with the sound, they wanted it to sound like classic Misfits. I dont see where you get sacrifice of musical talent/style.

Know what you're talking about before you say it. I'm not trying to be Jerry's lawyer, but giving credit where credits due, you dont make any sense with what you're saying. I have my problems with Jerry/new Misfits, but know what you're talking about i you're gonna argue it.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
If you want to laugh (or get pissed) ask a kid in a Misfits shirt what his favorite song is. My friend did that once and he said "I didn't know it was a band"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yeah, I hate that. Some cases you cant blame them though. They go to the mall and see a shirt with nothing but a big skull on it, you cant blame them for buying it cause they liked it, not knowing it was a band.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Yeah I guess thats true. Still.......
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

What??

Danzig isn't singing??

I almost **** my pants when I heard about this tour thinking it was going to be the original line up (I never really knew about the Misfit's past or member grudges.)

Is it stll worth going to?
Last edited by zombie_monster at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by zombie_monster
What??

Danzing isn't singing??

I almost **** my pants when I heard about this tour thinking it was going to be the original line up (I never really knew about the Misfit's past or member grudges.)

Is it still worth going to?

I say it's worth going to. Dont expect the real Misfits though, think of it as going to see a Misfits cover band.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
I say it's worth going to. Dont expect the real Misfits though, think of it as going to see a Misfits cover band.

I'm only 15 so I didn't have the pleasure of seeing them before they broke up

Well, I might go, but I dunno now...
I will be going to the show at the Starland Ballroom on Oct. 27th. On the 24th I will be seeing Danzig and Suicide City at the Electric Factory. I can't wait to see Balzac again!

Getting the tickets to both shows set me back $156.00 but it'll be totally worth it to see 4 of my favorite bands in the same week. I'm really looking forward to seeing Doyle's band play, it should be awesome.
Quote by element4433
If you want to laugh (or get pissed) ask a kid in a Misfits shirt what his favorite song is. My friend did that once and he said "I didn't know it was a band"

yeah, or they'll say something dumb like "American Psycho!" thats when you punch them in the gut and steal their shirt.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
why is saying american psycho dumb?
if that's their favourite then so be it.
my favourites are
astro zombies and probably hybrid moments
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
cuz american psycho was made by post-danzig misfits, which are not good at all.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
it was a very low peak.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
that's just your opinion
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Squier Stratocaster
Marshall MG30DFX

Gear Fund - £97
not just mine. many others as well.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Actually thats most true Misfits fan's opinion
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

*high fives element*

the bear cavalry has arrived.

Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by misfitsdisciple
it was a very low peak.

Im not saying that its great or anything, its just a better album than any of the other Misfits albums recorded after they "got back together".
Aniverscary?

LAAAAAMMMEEE.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Page 1 of 2