Hey guys,
So recently i notice my laptop going a bit fucked.
I notice my CPU was being used and when i checked what process was using it, i found a program called U.exe, which turned out to be some kind of key-logger.

Now, I think i got rid of the program, however now I've noticed weird things happening.

For example. I cleared my cookies, temp times and history earlier today.
Then i left it on for a few hours while i cooked dinner. When i came back and went onto the internet i saw in the history that: www.ultimateguide-menorca.com or something had been accessed and I asked my gf if she had been on and she said he hasn't.

So then i load up internet explorer again (my homepage is bebo.com) and it says that she was the last one to log in, even though she hasnt been on the laptop for a few weeks now. I was the last one to log into it.

Other things are that ive had an email from my hosting company with my login details (password and username) and I didnt request them.

Any ideas whats going on? Could it be that my laptops been accessed remotely?
Any ideas about how to secure it a bit more?

Thanks guys!
Been away, am back
What i would suggest is you get zonealarm firewall

Wehn any programs on you computer try to access the internet a box pops up and you have the option to allow it or block it. You also get these boxes when something tries to connect to your PC

Click.

So, that should stop it if it is hackers or someone connecting remotely.
I think that someone has gotten access to your laptop. Since you had a key-logger, they probably know your passwords and personal information. They probably requested the e-mail and now they might know your password and username for your company thing.

I reallllly suggest changing your password, and using another computer to access your private stuff because it looks as if someone has access.
Run a few scans with ad-aware and spybot (both are avaliable at www.download.com )

And I recommend this program which blocks access from a great number of spyware, ads, e.t.c. http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
if you had a key logger, change ALL your passwords for sure.

are you on a network or something? i'm don't know a whole lot about it but i know especially if you're on a network it's pretty easy to access your stuff. even easier if your using like linux. but i wouldn't think you'd be asking ug for help if you're using linux.
Quote by Kensai
Run a few scans with ad-aware and spybot (both are avaliable at www.download.com )

And I recommend this program which blocks access from a great number of spyware, ads, e.t.c. http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

Spot on, Get these programs plus zonealarm and your laptop will be secure.

Also, yes do change all your passwords for everything and an eye out for any minor changes.
Even if it was a key logger on your system it doesn't grant remote access and control of your system, it's just a method of tracking your passwords and user names.

Basically, he wouldn't be using your computer to access websites he/she could quite simply access himself/herself; it must be something else.

Well, as far as I know, anyway. I'm not a hacker by any means.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Thanks guys

I used to have zonealarm on my old pc. Ill download it again.
Thanks for the other program kensai, Ill download it as well now.

Thanks for the advice though. Appriciate it
Been away, am back
Quote by kidsthesedays
if you had a key logger, change ALL your passwords for sure.

are you on a network or something? i'm don't know a whole lot about it but i know especially if you're on a network it's pretty easy to access your stuff. even easier if your using like linux. but i wouldn't think you'd be asking ug for help if you're using linux.

+1

spybot search
load a firewall
encript your network
get some virus protection on.

I have tried a lot of virus blocking programs but I like kaspersky the best. Nice interface and doesnt slow the computer down much.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/newversion7/?aw=kaspersky&CMP=KNC-DJ2899729106&HBX_PK=kaspersky&HBX_OU=50