Overgrown practice amp. If you want a bigger amp to be able to play gigs, practice in a full band situation and be heard, etc, don't buy it.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
My friend has this amp,and its pretty damn loud, it also sounds really good too
I have one and I really like it until about 4 months ago the electronics are messed up and it goes distorted on me :/ ... I had for 2 years prior though
i have another crate amp and its a good amp, dunno about that specific model thoug
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
i play that one in jazz band at school, except its a bit older, i think its terrible, i don't know if they've improved recently, but I get a getter tone out of my 45 watt behringer practice amp, and I always get tons of distortion on it it, no matter how I have it set, maybe they just have a bad amp, i'm not sure but in my experience with it, its crap
My experience with it was bad--when jamming with the band, if i got it loud enough to hear myself it distorted like crazy.
I've never played Crate's bass amps, but I've played a 30 watt and 120 watt version of their guitar combo amps, and they both sounds great and are really easy to use.

Granted thats just for guitar -_-
Naturally, I disagree with Caustic on the subject (:p, and suggest Crate's BT series if your looking for a bargain. If you have the money, you could probably spring for an Ampeg, or Ashdown (Ive heard good things)
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Naturally, I disagree with Caustic on the subject (:p, and suggest Crate's BT series if your looking for a bargain. If you have the money, you could probably spring for an Ampeg, or Ashdown (Ive heard good things)

Aha, we meet again!

My problem with the Crate is that it's getting into the wattage and power range of band practice/coffee shop performance amps and yet still doesn't want to grow out of it's practice amp roots. It's loaded down with "cool" features (well, they sound a bit cheap to me but I can see how on a PRACTICE amp they'd be handy) when the money would be better spent making it more durable and improving the speaker, power and basic tone of the whole kit and caboodle.

But if you just want something to crank up in your garage, go nuts.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.

But if you just want something to crank up in your garage, go nuts.

basically my use for it...lol so it should work for my purposes
Last edited by greenhalagog at Sep 24, 2007,
for that price i say go for it. just be aware, Caustic is correct. Crate is OK practice equipment. but for another couple of hundred you could get into some really nice amps. its' no accident Musicians Friend dropped the price on those amps $100. they only do that if the amp is not selling well. so you can choose short term goals of happiness, or save, till' you can afford a "real" amp. imo
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Sep 25, 2007,