Alright, I have a bunch of pedals that I've been using on their own so far, but then I got a bundle of patch cables and decided to try some sequences. All pedals are powered up, and I've got them set up like this:

Guitar -> MT-2 -> Turbo RAT -> Verbzilla -> amp.

However, only the first one lights up... I've changed the sequence around a bit, but no matter what I do, only the first one will light up, whether it's the MT-2, the Verbzilla or the RAT. The MT-2 and the Verbzilla have power supplys and the RAT has a 100% fresh battery, in case that matters...

The question is: WTF?!

So any help would be appreciated a lot...
I have no idea why they wont work, but try getting batteries for all of em, or a powersupply for the RAT.
Bad cables could be the culprit.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
bad cables and reversed input/output most likely are your problem.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by bite_the_bullet

Happened to me once...
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Bad cables, eh? Wow, that helped... But I can't figure out why- I've tried a few of the patch cables between the pedals and the amp, and they've worked fine, so why won't they work from pedal to pedal? I don't really feel like having a 6m cable between each pedal on my board...

Well, thanks for the advice... But a bit of cable-wizard insight on that cable issue would be welcome as well.

Edit: Might it be because my patch cables are stereo? I don't know for sure if they are, but they've got two black stripes on the plug, so I'm guessing they are.
Quote by bite_the_bullet

gah, beat me to it. check your input/output path.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Bad cables, eh? Wow, that helped... But I can't figure out why- I've tried a few of the patch cables between the pedals and the amp, and they've worked fine, so why won't they work from pedal to pedal? I don't really feel like having a 6m cable between each pedal on my board...

Well, thanks for the advice... But a bit of cable-wizard insight on that cable issue would be welcome as well.

again, see if you're plugging into output by accident instead of input. if not... buy new patch cables. maybe they've worn out, maybe the plug separated from the wiring, maybe they just suck, I dunno.
Oh, and are the power supplies the right voltage? I doubt that's the problem, but I nearly blew an effect once by plugging in the wrong power cable. Caught it just as I was about to turn it on.
I knew it was stereo patch cables before you even said it, It's not gonna work. The pedal needs a mono cable plugged into the input to connect the negative from the battery/ps to the ground, completing the curcuit, powering the pedal. Get mono patch cables.
These go to eleven...
^Yeah, I suspected it was the reason as well when I looked at the plugs (hadn't seen that at the store). I just didn't know the actual reason...

@Jim: That's the techno-babble I was looking for... Thanks a lot...

I hope I can make the store do an even swap, even though I've unpacked them all...
Ohh, you're the only other UGer I've seen that has a verbzilla. Put it on octo, crank all the other knobs, have fun making interesting sounds.
These go to eleven...
Nono, what's even better is to set it to echo, then crank 'Decay' all the way up and start with 'Time' fully down. Play some really bassy riffs and then slowly turn 'Time' clockwise... It's even better on a bass. Everything rattles and shakes and then your walls start disintegrating.
I'll be honest and say I've never played much with analog reverb units, and have no idea what they sound like when you fiddle with the knobs while it's still ringing... But I will try some day. I expect I'll be fanning out quite a lot when it comes to pedals.
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
I knew it was stereo patch cables before you even said it, It's not gonna work. The pedal needs a mono cable plugged into the input to connect the negative from the battery/ps to the ground, completing the curcuit, powering the pedal. Get mono patch cables.

Top marks this man! Can't say I knew that... one to save for later
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar

Bingely-bing-bong-beep, we have a winner! And now you can choose between the fifty-thousand-dollar cash prize... or the Mystery Box!

Yeah, that's exactly right. Wish I'd gotten here first.