I can't remember for sure, but I think I heard somewhere that analog and digital pedals don't do well in the same effects chain. Is this true? I have an analog distortion and a digital delay, and there's an analog phaser and a digital (I think) wah I want, so I want to check to see if I need to reconsider. If it varies by specific pedals it's a rocktron silver dragon distortion, rocktron cyborg delay, option 5 destination phase, and ibanez weeping demon wah. Thanks in advance!
You should be fine. But i'd wait for a second opinion if I were you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
most wahs arent digital, and most people have a digital as opposed to analog delay, as do i, and it sounds fine. I've also got a digital tuner, no problems
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
maybe if youre running them all at the same time it will ruin some of the tone of the analog...but if not, that's just a ****ty bypass that will ruin the tone.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
maybe if youre running them all at the same time it will ruin some of the tone of the analog...but if not, that's just a ****ty bypass that will ruin the tone.

delayed distorted phased wah? lol, that would be a mess. nah, i'd probably run 2 at most at any given time. thanks for the info all!
Quote by TwoString
Another pointless guitar urban legend. You'll be fine, but only if you put the digital pedals in the microwave for about a minute to warm them up.

I prefer 1 minute and 30 seconds at power level 6 for a more thorough warmup.
Quote by skudmunk
I prefer 1 minute and 30 seconds at power level 6 for a more thorough warmup.

Too bad they cool down too quickly. I'll have to try a minute-thirty and see if I can get more recording time out of all of my horrible, cold, brittle digital effects. I'm having to run a hot plate in my rig just to keep them half-way warm sounding for live shows, but it only warms up the bottom end. The top end is still cold and brittle. I read somewhere about smothering the top end in butter for a smoother top end (it seems that all analog pedals have some kind of real butter or at least Shedd's Spread somewhere in the circuit). We'll see.

As far as the delayed distorted phased wah...well, maybe don't go that crazy, but try two or three phasers going at once. Lots of fun. A Slow Gear into a phaser into a digital delay set to ping pong can get fun as well.