Well recently i brought a fulltone clyde dxeluxe wah, and first of all what an awsome pedal. But when i got it i noticed the switch was rather stiff, and had to put all my weight on it to turn it on and off, and from the crybaby i tried it the shop, i never remember it being that stiff. But anyway after about a week it stopped working completely, luckily its froze with it on the on mode. But anyway i got the exact switch model off fulltone. Just wondering how easy it would be to replace it, is it literally just resolder it, or should i take it to a tech to be safe bearing in mind it cost me £150 from america. Its true bypass and 6 little pins, one pin has like two wires going into it.

And is there anyway i could possible fix the switch, i just seems jammed
It's easy to replace, all you would need to do is just hook up the wires to a new switch and just a tad of soldering. You possibly could fix the switch but you'd probably have to take it apart to see what was jamming it or whatever, not worth the time unless you want to see the insides of a switch.

If your weary of soldering it yourself maybe contact Fulltone, they might do it for you. They should, their switch broke
shouldnt your wah be under warranty or something? if not, just resolder wires onto new switch
Ouch. I've never melted anything or burned myself too badly... yet.

TS- Have you tried actually physically pushing the switch with your fingers, not just the wah rocker?
yh ive tried pushing it and ive tried loosing and tightneing the little nut thing holding it in place, and fulltone say its under no warranty, plus i brought it off ebay, from the USA, because fulltone dont sell to UK. But if its simply, just resoldering then i should be alright, i am doing a GCSE in electronics lol. Its not like i can wire it the wrong way up or shiz is it?
Quote by Varkunus
yh ive tried pushing it and ive tried loosing and tightneing the little nut thing holding it in place, and fulltone say its under no warranty, plus i brought it off ebay, from the USA, because fulltone dont sell to UK. But if its simply, just resoldering then i should be alright, i am doing a GCSE in electronics lol. Its not like i can wire it the wrong way up or shiz is it?

Fuller's a dick anyways, your better off sending it to a tech.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by Varkunus

Well it is possible to wire up the switch wrong, just make yourself a quick diagram to which wires go to what lug on the switch.
well there nothing visabally wrong with the switch, it just seemed very stiff when i got it and now wont click. So i think i need a new one, but anyway what i meant was like does the switch have to be a certainway up?, or is wired semetrically inside anyway
Well, it's pretty easy to replace, i think it's a DPDT switch (is it?) and all you would have to do is unsolder the wires from the old one and solder them onto the new one, one at a time.
so DIY it or take it to a tech,and how much would they cost roughly in £s? And is there no way i can fix mine? It just seems jammed, like isaid ive tried loosening the nut thing,but it doesnt raise the switch just loosens it/
You can DIY it easily, provided you can do six solder joints. A new switch was my first project, so you should have any trouble with it. As for the wires- just orient it how the old switch was and wire every wire to the corresponding terminal.
right... does anyone knwo the switch used? And if its stocked in the UK, for a fulltone clyde deluxe wah. I think fulltone said it was a fender or something like that. And if they stock it in the UK. Where? SOrry dont know many sites
^seriously. thats wierd. somebody installed a millenium bypass already?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well it looks kinda like this, but ill tryand get a picture up...

its got 2 rows of 3 pins. The very top right pin has a wire going to very bottom left. The very top left has a red and black going into it, and all the others have one i think. But like i said ill get a picture up by tomorow, maybe today.