Im looking into getting a new amp

Currently i have a crappy little "Mg15dfx" (dont flame me please!)"

At the moment it's just for bedroom use, but in the future it will be used for gigging also

I play VH, AC/DC, Sabbath etc just classic rock mainly

yeah a laney vc30 would be nice for those tones... most of the modern marshalls (bar the reissues which are expensive) are a bit too modern-sounding for the tones you want. you can also get it in a 1x12 or 2x12 speaker configuration.

are you in the UK though? there are better value options if you aren't. though if you are british/irish, it's hard to beat on value.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
good point. i was just thinking the peavey windsor studio might be worth waiting for too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i mean if you can save up £600 or £700, or over a grand, there are better amps than those... but if you want to keep it to £200-£300, those are pretty sweet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah the VC15/30 are great amps and perfect for what you play

Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Check out a Vox AC 30 aswell, it nails classic rock sounds, might need a boost for Sabbath though
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I think an AC30 is out of his pricerange.

An Orange Tiny Terror is also worth a look.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by Gabel
I think an AC30 is out of his pricerange.

An Orange Tiny Terror is also worth a look.

He never mentioned a budget...
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
He never mentioned a budget...

True, but he didn't want anything to expensive I'd guess.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by aaron00lee
Dude i aint flamin but i got the same amp as you and it rocks

Good for you? Thanks for helping out his situation.

Anyway, TS, if you can stretch your budget to an AC30, I'd go with that and a boost pedal. If you can't, the VC30 should be good.
Ben
Quote by aaron00lee
Dude i aint flamin but i got the same amp as you and it rocks

please tell me your not serious
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.