Hi folks!

I would really like to know what you guys think of these guitars, and how they compare.
I already have a framus guitar, and I'm thinking of getting another guitar for lower tuning and heavier strings.
My framus is quite new still, and not without problems - however I've yet to find out if these can be fixed or not.
The great thing about Framus guitars, is that they are made in Europe (Germany) - so they're very cost effective in terms of price/performance here in Norway.
A JP6 or JS1200 would cost almost 1/2 more.

My concerns are tuning stability, flexible and stable vib system, tone and playability.
My framus is a dream to play, and sounds very good. I'm thinking of ordering a diablo from the custom shop - you can specify just about everything about the guitar.

I play fusion, rock, progressive rock and some jazz, and prefer a warm, full tone. My style is kinda Nuno meets Petrucci meets Holdsworth (I wish... )

Any comments or advice would be great!
Thanks for reading!
Last edited by steinar29 at Sep 23, 2007,
The JP6 is na good guitar, and the piezo in the bridge is a nice touch. I don't really like the neck, though, but that's preference, of course. I haven't tried the JS1200, but it's supposed to be good. Edge Pro trem, Wizard Prestige neck, and usable stock pickups (which isn't exactly standard Ibanez fare) all looks fine to me. Only 22 frets, though (if that makes any difference to you).

I've never played a Framus, but I am intrigued. Do you know any shops in Oslo that have them in stock?
Go for another Framus if thier a better bang for your buck,and if you can go custom.They look really nice.
JP6 would be perfect for what you want

make that it would be perfect for anyone... no matter what.

pepsi
Hi guys! Thanks for the replies.

One question though, is it true that Wilkinson vib systems give better sustain and tone than floyd rose?
I want a vib system that can take some beating (and return to the center position perfectly when used), without the guitar loosing the tuning. I guess it's hard to beat a FR system here..?

BTW: Just read about the Ibanez RGT320Q model, ..wow that one looks amazing. hmm..
Last edited by steinar29 at Sep 24, 2007,
i own a JP and that guitar kicks every other guitar i've played ass. its insane the trem is better than a Floyd because you dont have to worry about it being gay on you haha.
what's wrong with your framus?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The JS doesn't have a wizard neck it has a replica of Joe's neck, which IMHO is the finest neck I've ever played in my life. The Edge Pro is a killer trem too and the stock pick ups are just killer. The JP does have the piezo and I hear it's a really good guitar. Go try them out somewhere.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
The framus doesn't keep pitch perfectly, I suspect it's the tremolo system. I'm a complete nutter when it comes to tuning. I need my guitar to perfectly in tune all the time! The JP6 is starting to look very tempting, but will it keep the tuning well?
I used to have a Ibanez J-custom, and it pretty much never got out of tune (floyd rose guitar).
With my experience with the wilkinson, I suspect that Floyd Rose is the best vib system in terms of tuning stability. Here you have a string lock at the string nut, which eliminates friction etc.

My Framus' vib has a "deadzone" of 1/2 a tone (at the most). This is very annoying for me. (A lot of guitars have this with cheap vib systems, like Stratocasters etc.. - I would think that Framus' vib system shouldn't be inferior to the normal wilkinson system.)
I tried a Zion guitar in a store, which uses a normal Wilkinson system (Framus has the own patented Wilkinson system) - which worked perfectly - and also would flutter when hit.
Last edited by steinar29 at Sep 27, 2007,
Btw. I also looked at the Ibanez RGT320Q model, it looks awesome (the brown one, not the pink..woah..). Any experiences with that one? I have never tried a Music Man guitar yet, but they do look great. Ibanez I do have a lot more experience with..
j customs are sweet. i think i've tried one of the ibanez neck-thru models (not the one you're talking about) and it was nice too, but those neck-thru ibanezes are extremely expensive.

i've only tried a couple of musicman guitars, but they were both awesome. i'd prefer them to an ibanez prestige. j-custom, i'm not so sure, i'd need to try them head to head.

not too sure about the tuning thing, like you i generally use floyds.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wouldn't mind having this one... sweeeeet..
http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/2002/rg9670/index.html

I really beat myself up for selling the J-Custom, although I can't imagine the RGT320Q being inferior in anyway, as it cost more than most J-customs - and seem to have the same attention to detail.
Anyway, MusicMan guitars are so damn expensive here in Norway.. As far as the JP6 BFR, forgetaboutit.. the price here converted from Norwegian kroner to US dollar, you end up with well over $7200.. (The RGT320Q is about $4400 in comparison.)
ah, that one is sweet. the one i tried and loved was the 8670, which appears to be basically the same as that only with cosmo black hardware. i've tried a couple of other ones which i didn't like as much, but that 8670 was badass. i've tried a handful of guitars that I've been blown away by, and that was one of them.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
9670 is a tiny bit higher in the food chain that the 8670 since it's a neckthrough. It's one tacky looking bugger, though, especially in the dark finish. (I can personally attest to that)
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
dang i was so busy looking at the more subtle changes in spec that i missed the big one, lol.

But yeah, neck-thru, that'd be badass. honduran mahogany too, which is sweet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?