now i know a lot of you ug people hate line 6 amps, cant say im thrilled with mine but my parents were getting me an amp and they had to "MAKE" it a surprise even though i warned them id know whats best,...but not the point.

Anyways from what i hear you can get foot pedals for line 6s and download tons of stuff from the net for them, i was wondering if anyone here knew how to do this so i could use my line 6 to its fullest and maybe actually like it cause i figure its got to be able to be better than what it is and i can make it better until i get a nicer amp.

anyways links, ideas, thoughts, anything to help me out?
Which Line 6 amp do you have? I have a Spider, and im pretty sure you can't download stuff from the net to a Spider. You can with the other series of amps, though.

Did your amp come with a manual? Try reading it and see what it says there.

EDIT: I found the website where you can download all the custom tone's to your amp/pod. It has a list of the amps and other Line 6 products that are compatible.
Click here
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-808
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Epiphone Valve Junior Head
Epiphone Valve Junior Cabinet
i read it but you can get a footpedal and do some crazy stuff and i cant stand trying to eq it myself it just dosent sound all that great although people get a great sound from em i just dont know how
Quote by tre_coo
Which Line 6 amp do you have? I have a Spider, and im pretty sure you can't download stuff from the net to a Spider. You can with the other series of amps, though.

Did your amp come with a manual? Try reading it and see what it says there.

EDIT: I found the website where you can download all the custom tone's to your amp/pod. It has a list of the amps and other Line 6 products that are compatible.
Click here

ya i found that 2 but i dont see anything about what i need *sigh*
man this amp is driving me crazy even when i play a song its modeled after it dosent sound good =[
.. So your looking for a foot controller for the amp? If that's what I think your referring to, you can take a look at the FBV Shortboard.

.. Unless your looking for an actual effect pedal?

EDIT: Which Line 6 amp is it?

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
nah not a footpedal but like pods are supposed to be good for stuff like this but then again with a pod who needs the modeling the amp the pod models it for you i need to find a way to do this without spending a bunch of money...hmmm..but i was looking at foot pedals to switch my channels

edit:spider 3 120 watt
just try screwing around with the amp...like on the Back in Black Setting...twist the gain, eq, volume, reverb and **** like that until you find something that sounds like it.
As your first post said, you wanted to download tones into your amp, I said that the Spider series is not compatible.

So really, your looking for a multi-effect pedal? (Such as the POD)

I myself do not reccomend multi-effect pedals. I have a DigiTech GNX1, and it sounds WAY too digital. I really can't get any good tones, that are based off some mighty amps (Such as the Dual Recto, Fender bassman, Vox AC30, etc)

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
^^how i have tried and wished i think ima get me a nicer amp like a halfstack and a pod or just a half stack with a foot swicth.

i thought of another option i have a fender form like 1955 if i used a pod on that thing would it blow it to hell or would it be alright?
this thing is so old it dosent even have a gain knob but i dont know
Quote by tre_coo
As your first post said, you wanted to download tones into your amp, I said that the Spider series is not compatible.

So really, your looking for a multi-effect pedal? (Such as the POD)

I myself do not reccomend multi-effect pedals. I have a DigiTech GNX1, and it sounds WAY too digital. I really can't get any good tones, that are based off some mighty amps (Such as the Dual Recto, Fender bassman, Vox AC30, etc)

so u suggest i sell it all and restart?
cause i recently went to a concert and these guys played sweet home alabama from a pod and it was right on.
but i dont know if i can do that
Do you own a POD? You said that you saw these guys playing sweet home alabama with a POD. Try one out and see if you like it.

I never said that you should sell your amp or anything, I just wasn't recommending a multi-effect pedal. But that's just my opinion.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Quote by tre_coo
Do you own a POD? You said that you saw these guys playing sweet home alabama with a POD. Try one out and see if you like it.

I never said that you should sell your amp or anything, I just wasn't recommending a multi-effect pedal. But that's just my opinion.

dude i hear that i like my mutli pedal for its efects such as delay but drive and eq it fails
but thats also my faul but at the same time i dont want something that hard to work with, i want to download and be like BAM there it is
I have a pod xt live and i can get more than acceptable tones from it... with a good guitar u can make it sound moreless good (not as good as a valve amp, but u can't expect a miracle from a solid state thing, man)

Are u playing a good guitar?... maybe that is a handicap to your tone and u cant make the amp sound at its fullest....
But do you own a POD, or another multi-effect pedal?

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Quote by Alvaro del Pino
I have a pod xt live and i can get more than acceptable tones from it... with a good guitar u can make it sound moreless good (not as good as a valve amp, but u can't expect a miracle from a solid state thing, man)

Are u playing a good guitar?... maybe that is a handicap to your tone and u cant make the amp sound at its fullest....

i have an epi les paul standard with a distortion and a jazz pick up, im considering replacing them with some black pearls, dirtyfiger, 496r or a 500t, but what amp do you have alvaro?
Quote by tre_coo
But do you own a POD, or another multi-effect pedal?

yes i have a g2 zoom
So really you want your PEDAL to sound at it's fullest. Your amp is your amp, there's no downloading tones into that. Im not sure about the G2 Zoom, if you can download anything to it.

Btw, if you were wondering, I have a Yamaha EG 112, Line 6 Spider II 112, and a DigiTech GNX1.

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
you cantdownload onto a zoom =[ i dont think ill google it

edit:i looked up zoom and found no downloadable stuff and on my pedal there is no where to plug it up like a usb port so i guess i could find sites that give me all the statistics of what i need then play off my clean fender halfstack but i dont know if it can handle it...i think it could
Last edited by Ryan_0811 at Sep 23, 2007,
Don't lose your hope.. I think I found a website that you can download tones into it..

EDIT: HOLD UP! Is your G2 Zoom the one with the big pedal to the right of it, or is it the one without the big pedal? Ill post pictures in a minute.

Is it..

This one?

or this one?

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Last edited by tre_coo at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by tre_coo
Don't lose your hope.. I think I found a website that you can download tones into it..

EDIT: HOLD UP! Is your G2 Zoom the one with the big pedal to the right of it, or is it the one without the big pedal? Ill post pictures in a minute.

no pedal

top one
Last edited by Ryan_0811 at Sep 23, 2007,
Alright, then there's nothing to download into it. What you have, is what you have.
Here's the download link for Zoom's products, though. HERE

Schecter Tempest Custom
Yamaha EG-112
Line 6 amps(all of them including flexes spiders and vettas) are NOT amps you just plug into and play. Thats the bargain, lots o good stuff but you have to put the time in the shed with it to get anything good out of it. Trust me there are good sounds in those spiders, i know cause i own one and it took me a long time to get what i wanted out of it. And now i have it.
Wait. Hold on. Are you saying you have an old Fender amp from the 50's? HOLY ****! That is a nice piece of equipment as long as its tube. If you've got an old Fender tube amp, you shouldn't even need to look in the genral direction of the spider (shutters).
Exactly, kick the spider to the kerb and go and find out what the Fender is . If its an old tube one you might have to turn it up really loud to get it to distort a bit...

...won't that be a hardship?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ya but its my grandfathers amp and im afraid i may hurt it hooking it up to a pod or a pedal, i mean turn it up and it stays clean its too good for its own good =[
Hmm, I'd doubt that you'd 'hurt' the amp by using any pedal or multieffects.

Either way, see if you can take it to a guitar shop and just get a checkup on it, because if its tube, you may need to replace the fuse or tubes in it etc. If you were to use this Fender amp (and it was tube) I'd say get a decent OD pedal to use with it. If you use a multieffects it'll just sound like the Line 6 (compared to a sweet OD that is)

Also, pics of the amp would be nice
Like winno said, I'd definately bring it to a guitar shop just to get it checked out, and then get atubescreamer like pedal to go with it. Can you tell us what model it is btw? It should say on the front panel.
EDIT: You won't "hurt" the amp by hooking up an effects unit.