ok i'm trying to get into a ska band and my trombone just broke.
at my school there were a couple kids that had a little lever-thing that when they hit it made the note go an octave higher
i'm looking for a very similar trombone and what that is called

please help!!

it's called a trigger

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
It does not make your note an octave higher. It extends the length of your tubing so you can play 6th and 7th positions in 1st and 2nd respectively. It also fills the gap of positions between low E natural and pedal Bb. It is called a trigger, F Attachment, Thayer Valve, Hangman Valve, etc as their are many variations of it.