Im looking for a new guitar and I have narrowed it down to either an Ibanez RGA121, Ibanez SZ720, or a new/used Carvin. I've been on a lookout for an Ibanez RGA121 at my guitar shop, but sadly they don't have any So I have a few questions. How does it play? Is it bright sounding, and does it produce a good lead tone. Does the quality of the guitar make it 900 dollars? And also are there any other good guitars in the same price range as the RG? (Thats good for shred, metal, and a little bit of classic rock) Thanks
The Gear:
Guitars:
92' Ibanez RG550
Amps:
Crate Palomino v32
Effects:
Metal Muff
Vox V847 Wah
Boss DD-3
Last edited by Cacophony>You at Sep 23, 2007,
the Ibanez RG121 is an outstanding guitar.
great sustain
fairly good pickups
the mahogany wood will make it sound pretty deep and bassy. so not very bright, no.

unfortunately the colour options for it are awful.

sigh, when will ibanez learn that we need more colours? :'(
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Im looking for a guitar with a fixed bridge. Ive heard about Schecter's necks being bulky, but I cant try any out since I cant find any in my guitar shop.
The Gear:
Guitars:
92' Ibanez RG550
Amps:
Crate Palomino v32
Effects:
Metal Muff
Vox V847 Wah
Boss DD-3
Schecters are thoroughly unremarkable.

RGA121 is, in my opinion, a better guitar than the SZ720. Depending on the configuration, it might either produce a heavy tone (the 121H, all-mahogany version), or a more balanced tone (the maple-capped 121). The 121s are made by the same people who make JEMs and Satriani sigs, it's outstanding as far as quality goes.

The bridge on the RGA guitars is a notch above your average tune-o-matic. It has smooth saddles, a massive block, and it's partially recessed - so you get a fairly low-profile bridge. It has plenty of surface area and it awesome for palm muting.

On overall, it plays great if a thin neck is your thing. Bit pricy, but it's not not an MIK OEM-parts-pile, but a fairly original instrument. Comes with a plushy molded case too.

There might be a Carvin to suit you too, but I'm no expert on these.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
it's a very nice guitar, got mine on sale at Guitar Center for $640 with the guitar and case...love it. original wizard neck, mahogany(rare in an ibanez under $1000), great tuners, the bridge is awesome, and it has coil tapping. it's stock pickups aren't that great, but you can always change that.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric