I'm thinking of buying a schecter c1 fr but im worried about taxes,duties,etc if i ship it to canada. Will i have to pay more than i need to?
well if its in the store, buy it in the store. if not get it online. unless the one in the store sucks
what!
what!!
what!!!
what!!!!
what!!!!!
what!!!!!!
Quote by cahotopher15
well if its in the store, buy it in the store. if not get it online. unless the one in the store sucks

thats not the question. I want how much would i pay for taxes, duties, etc
i would personaly just get it in store, unless htere are none aorund you that carry schecter, cuz if you get it from teh store, you can see what it looks like, and if you order it online, the flame/quilt/colour might not be what you expected
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by nirvanafan666
thats not the question. I want how much would i pay for taxes, duties, etc

well what site would you be buying from?
what!
what!!
what!!!
what!!!!
what!!!!!
what!!!!!!
Well, I would go to the store and try out the guitar first, and if you like it, go online and try to find a good deal for it. You might find a site that sells it $100 cheaper than the local store does.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Well, I would go to the store and try out the guitar first, and if you like it, go online and try to find a good deal for it. You might find a site that sells it $100 cheaper than the local store does.

...or use it to deal the store down I prefer to buy from my local stores for a few reasons:

#1: You get to play the guitar before you get it, and make sure you like it. Plus with some inconsistent guitars like Epiphones and Squiers, you can be sure you're getting a good one

#2: Service. In most cases, they are far easier to work with then a store

#3: If something is wrong, they are there to fix it and make it right.

#4: 9/10 you can get a better deal.
But, if you they don't deal with you like that, then you're:

1. screwed into getting it anyways
2. pissed off the salesman
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
But, if you they don't deal with you like that, then you're:

1. screwed into getting it anyways
2. pissed off the salesman

So what if you piss them off? you aren't buying from them. And let me tell you, I know how they work. they will not let you walk out. Most stores will match prices on new gear. And if they won't deal, thats there fault. I'll either find another store that sells it or buy online.
Really? I have yet to meet a Guitar Center employee who will lower the price.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Really? I have yet to meet a Guitar Center employee who will lower the price.

Thats because its Guitar Center. GCs rarely deal, due to the volume they sell anyway.
i always buy online from musiciansfriend.com there great free shipping on that stuff i get i get it fast
I have gotten some good (up to 30%) price breaks at GC. You get to know the salepeople and appear to know something about gear, and they deal.
The Canadian and US dollar is equal for the first time in 30 years, but I don't know how fast that will trickle down to you in music stores. Sometime in the next few months if it stays that way it should mean lower prices on American gear. I would rather buy where I can try it out and I know the store. I don't know about duties and taxes.
Well actually dude, The canadian Dollar is worth MORE than the american dollar now so Do it, Prices are amazingly cheap, and I've never heard of shipping over $100, it's usually way under $100
Cancer.
^Damn I just heard it was equal Friday. I guess we're on the slide. Hey now you Canadian guys can come down here and spend your money. Cheers.