I bought Season One on DVD, and I watched the entire thing yesterday. Impression at the end: Holy ****. I need Season 2, asap. In the mean time I've come here to discuss the awesomeness that the BBC and HBO have created.

Any other fans here?

EDIT: Spoilers may follow below. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Last edited by x_themetalfan_x at Sep 23, 2007,
I've heard it's dirty.

Does it live up to that hype?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad
I've heard it's dirty.

Does it live up to that hype?

Oh yes. Incest, sex, nudity, decaptitation, stabbings, the whole nine.
Rig

I saw season one and i enjoyed it quite alot, however i missed season two completely!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Yeah, it was excellent. Though I really couldn't have cared less about any storylines not involving Caesar. But it was still really impressive.

I'd buy Season 2 but I'm really only intrested in Caesar.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Cool, I'm gonna check it out.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Child In Time
I'm really only intrested in Caesar.

Yeah, best stabbing ever.
Rig

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Yeah, best stabbing ever.

Nasty stuff. Great leader.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by x_themetalfan_x

Sounds like my family reunion... ... I hate my family
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by metalisbest
Sounds like my family reunion... ... I hate my family

Thanks for new sig
Rig

Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Thanks for new sig

glad my misury makes you happy...
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
I didn't like it at all. I so prefer the Emperor series by Conn Iggulden by far. It's a lot more historically correct aswell.

EDIT: It's a book series about Caesars life. And noone can really know how historically correct either is, I just feel Conn Igguldens isn't so 'Hollywoodized' (Yes. I make up words )
Last edited by JilaX^ at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by JilaX^
I didn't like it at all. I so prefer the Emperor series by Conn Iggulden by far. It's a lot more historically correct aswell.

EDIT: It's a book series about Caesars life. And noone can really know how historically correct either is, I just feel Conn Igguldens isn't so 'Hollywoodized' (Yes. I make up words )

But the Hollywoodization factor of "Rome" is what makes it so darned entertaining.
Rig

I watched the first season, and I'm working on the second one. Personally, the second season doesn't seem as good as the first, maybe thats because one of my favourite characters killed herself, or because Caesar is gone. It could redeem itself though, I've only got the first 3 episodes of the second season done.
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
But the Hollywoodization factor of "Rome" is what makes it so darned entertaining.

Hehe. well I'd recommend you check out the books I mentioned, he does take some liberty with what happens, but he has notes in the back of the book about what events are made up and what is not. The first book is about his childhood, and almost none of it has been documented so it contains a lot of fiction, the later ones are a lot more historical tho. So start by reading "The Gates of Rome" and see what you think I promise you it's a LOT better than 'Rome'
you actually spent 12 straight hours watching tv. I congratulate you man.
Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
LIES!!! SLANDEROUS LIES
NOTHING IS BETTER THAN FAPPAGE!!!

Quote by SOADrox429
Uh... Sex?