Hey guys I've never tightened an input jack outer nut before...how do I hold the inner 'guitar cable input socket' thingey to keep it from twisting? That's bad for the wires inside, right? Thanks
I did this to my strat also. Take the nut off and put some locktite on the thing you screw the nut on to. Then screw the nut back on and let it sit for about a minute. Won't budge again!
Quote by FMNStratGuy
I did this to my strat also. Take the nut off and put some locktite on the thing you screw the nut on to. Then screw the nut back on and let it sit for about a minute. Won't budge again!

Good idea, but I'd remove the whole thing from the guitar first. There's only two small phillips head screws holding the jack plate in anyhow. Remove that, dab a bit of locktite onto the threads, and while holding the actual jack in place from the backside of the plate, tighten down the nut on the outside. I've had to do this a few times to my strat clone and got tired of it coming loose, so used locktite too. Hasn't budged since. Just make sure you don't use the permanent locktite. Get the kind that's made to come apart later on if you need to re-solder a wire change out the jack.