so i was just playin around with the pickups on my 1991 studio les paul,
while i was lowering the neck pickup, it sort of dropped in a weird position and looks wacky, but i plugged it in and it sounded killer
should i put the pickup back in place so it looks better, or should i leave it where it is
also, if i leave it, will it affect the pickup or the guitar in the future?
thanks
Should'nt affect it. It really depends on if your gigging out with it our just using it as home/studio use. If your gigging, i'd make it look good, if your in the studio, leave it.
Quote by Crimson Ghost
so i was just playin around with the pickups on my 1991 studio les paul,
while i was lowering the neck pickup, it sort of dropped in a weird position and looks wacky, but i plugged it in and it sounded killer
should i put the pickup back in place so it looks better, or should i leave it where it is
also, if i leave it, will it affect the pickup or the guitar in the future?
thanks

Sounds like you lowered it too far and the screw came out of the pickup. I would take it out, put the screw and spring back on just enough to hold them on, and then leave it at that.
Quote by CJRocker
Sounds like you lowered it too far and the screw came out of the pickup. I would take it out, put the screw and spring back on just enough to hold them on, and then leave it at that.

i think thats what happened but i dont really wanna have to restring the guitar, is it gonna mess it up if i dont do it in the next 2 weeks?
Quote by Crimson Ghost
i think thats what happened but i dont really wanna have to restring the guitar, is it gonna mess it up if i dont do it in the next 2 weeks?

You'll be fine