Okay, to start, I'm 14 and not made of money at all, so this has to be cheap. I am very new to recording, and I use Audicity to record. I use an Eyetoy camera to record but the quality is horrible and I want to know how to record Drums, Guitar, Vocals, and Bass with a simple setup for under $200 that doesn't sound horrible. I was thinking about getting one of those computer addaptors that you plug your guitar into, but how would I record drums? Thanks to anyone who can help .
Get a Drum Machine.
Get a line 6 Toneport.
But you'll need more than 200 for these.
Last edited by Zimwibwe at Sep 23, 2007,
buy a microphone? i use just an ordinary vocal microphone to record vocals, guitar and bass, but for drums you need a bunch of mikes for it to sound good. i bought my mic for about 70$ i think, and it works pretty well, except for some background hissing.
200? my set-up cost me 4,50 euro
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
The only thing $200 will get you is a used SM57 mic and a used Toneport UX1. It will work out better than the current setup you are using.

Plug it into a USB port on your desktop computer and you can record just about any instrument.

Bass - youll need to buy a bass guitar or get someone who plays bass
Drums - look on ebay for a drum machine.
Guitar - plug yours into the Toneport or mic your amp with the SM57
Vocals - use the SM57

This toneport setup is low price and a beginner setup only...it wont be great but it will work to an extent.

$200 is not nearly enough to record all the things you want...
Recording isnt cheap...It's as simple as that.