a quick question ima ask then delete this thread
on my other thread im discussing getting a awesome tone i have a fender half stack 220 watt tube amp from the 50s and im afraid plugging it into something modern may hurt it....will it?
this thing is so old its not even got a gain and turning up the volume dosent even distort it all and its just really loud
It might get a little embarassed if you plug the Zoom into it, but it's not going to break anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It should be fine. It doesn't distort it at all because it's got such a higher wattage. Higher wattage means more headroom, more clean volume. You'd have to really crank that thing before you got some sweet power tube distortion. Hell, you'd go deaf. What kind of amp is it?

Get an overdrive pedal, though, not a distortion...It should sound better.
its a band master from 52 i think its old school but i love it

edit: so heres my question should i sell my spider 3 120 watt and my g2 zoom pedal and just go buy new stuff? and if so what pedals would u suggest?
^ multiple foot swtches...got pix of the amp? i have to see what 220 watts of tube power looks like

EDIT: This bandmaster??? only 10 yrs older? because thats only 40 watts
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Last edited by ssguitar at Sep 23, 2007,
The pedal wont really damage your guitaar a all, but if u have a tube amp, that is weak, it ight blow iy out, a 212 tube is good, be carful on what pedal u use, it wont really do anyhign, but it might warp your sound
^^^ yes sell the spider and the zoom. get a Tubescreamer, Vox clyde mccoy, and a small clone chorus

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
do you think i should just sell the spider?
and blow that money on random things like new pick ups which i want and pedals

edit: ok ill sell my spider
now next question my set up:
would some black pearls, 496r or 500t pick ups sound good with that fender amp?
i really like heavy southern bass distortion, =]
Last edited by Ryan_0811 at Sep 23, 2007,
^ yup is this the right amp for your styles?

EDIT: I GIVE. im trying to find this bandmaster. and the highest wattage i can find is 50. and most of the ones from the 50s were <30 watts

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Last edited by ssguitar at Sep 23, 2007,
what genre do you play
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by mgw94
The pedal wont really damage your guitaar a all, but if u have a tube amp, that is weak, it ight blow iy out, a 212 tube is good, be carful on what pedal u use, it wont really do anyhign, but it might warp your sound

taht iz t3h wurst exampel off spelingg eye'v evr scene
i like deep bass southern rock and jazz, and classic rock nothing like death metal the hardest stuff i like is 80s hair metal so i mean i think those black pearls would sound good but a 496r and 500t sound good and ive heard they sound real well in a lp which i have
TS: this fender might not be what yoru wanting if your looking for a good heavey, thick southern rock tone

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
its not a puny thing ill see if i can find it on ebay, anyways this is my problom i dont know if my fender can play that good stuff i like but i effin HATE that line 6

edit: the head says 200 watts on the back of it =p
Last edited by Ryan_0811 at Sep 23, 2007,
^ +1

i think my amp says 240 on the back but that is the power it draws from teh wall, not the output

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i would get a maxon od808 if you play heavy music, the BBE if you play lighter music, and get some random stuff if you play weird music.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
my grandfather says its 200 watts and it can handle it so now im going to dinner and any suggestions while im gone will be much apreciated main questions are:

1: new picks ups suggestions for a mix of black pearls, 496r, 500t, or dirtyfingers
2:footpedals i may need all suggestions are apreciated

i like playing big good distortion southern rock and 80s stuff

=]
I dont think its 200 watts of power, i think thats referring to the watts that the power cable (the one that goes into the wall) takes in or something like that. Mine also says 200 wattos.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

yea thats wut i thought

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, you could always be complicated and sell the zoom and the line 6, grab a Peavey Windsor, and A/B between the Windsor and then Fender, one for cleans, one for dirty.

+2

and the only 200 watt tube amp I've ever seen in my entire life is the Marshall Major.
Good lord 200 tube watts? You'll knock down your house!

As for stomp boxes, they're expensive, but maybe a preamp pedal that actually has tubes in it. That would make up for the amps lack of an overdrive channel and might help you get the tone you're looking for.
The Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET is a pretty sweet pedal. I use it with my Fender Blues Deluxe.
Your question: No a pedal won't hurt your amp.

Your amp: Bandmasters weren't in production until 1953. Half stacks from Fender didn't even appear from Fender until the Dual Showman was put in production (66,67 I forget). I don't know if you're thinking about a piggyback, but your amp is still 40 watts.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
i figured it out the amp pulls 200 watts from the wall and puts out 50 watts, my grandfather was wrong =[ oh well i feel like a noob but what can ya do when ya dont know what your talking about

the amp is a 55 fender half stack band master, takes 200 watts from the wall and puts out 50
Last edited by Ryan_0811 at Sep 24, 2007,
A/B it with a peavey windsor. hope you can use the same cab that would be awsome

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!