Page 1 of 2
I just stumbled across these and I'm wondering if anyone has some feed back on them? comments/opinions? Thanks in advance.
my buddy has one (COBHC6) and it seems liek a good amp.. the distortion that comes on it sucks BALLS, use it only if you have a good pedal.

if COBHC6 sees this thread he could tell you more about it than i can
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
what about as i lay dying? they use kranks and they have some of the sickest tone around! i'm fairly sure they don't use od pedals either, and dimebag used kranks too, are you saying he had lame tone?
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
dont be retarded, he only used kranks in his last year of life.. durring damageplan.. when with pantera he used randall amps, distortion pedal and an EQ pedal

EDIT: And dimebag always used SOLID STATE randalls, he swore by them, he only started using tube amps (krank revolution) in the last year of his life, when he started designing the krankenstein
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Last edited by Ultimate_Gio92 at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by bite_the_bullet
what about as i lay dying? they use kranks and they have some of the sickest tone around! i'm fairly sure they don't use od pedals either, and dimebag used kranks too, are you saying he had lame tone?

This is why people buy Mg's.. "because zach wylde had one ZOMG!!!11!!" lets not use our ears.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
personally i think kranks are sick, michael amott used one for quite a while, kataklysm uses them, behemoth uses them, nevermore uses them. ive played one too personally and think they sound wicked. its really down to what you want though, you'd have to mess around with the settings and stuff yourself and see if its good or not
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
ahah i got an MG because it was all i could afford.. its such a piece of ****

but hes right folks.. we have to stop our ear using
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by bite_the_bullet

A lot of bands that actually "use Kranks" just have a krank up onstage with them at concerts so everyone can see them and are actually using their guitar through something else. Others actually have other brand's amps fitted inside the chasis of the kranks so they continue to get sponsored by them, eventhough they're not actually using the amp. I guess Krank doesn't care, as long as they're getting publicity.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 23, 2007,
as far as i know, dimebag never used a distortion pedal, and his signature tone came from his ss randalls. he switched to krank when he switched back from washburn to dean, but was killed shortly after.

as far as krank amps...i've only ever played a krank revolution, and the tone was...uninspiring, to say the least.
dimebag used a Korg AX30G which was a multieffects pedal which he used for distortion as well
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
kind of a love\hate it thing with Kranks, some people like them, others despise them. My buddy has a Rev1 that I really liked. Decent cleans, not amazing, but decent for a high gain head. Brutal metal tones though. I picked up a Krankenstein to mess around with, since I liked his Rev. Different animal, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Not the easiest amp to EQ, but there are some good tones in there, and it's got obscene amounts of gain. They go dirt cheap these days used for the quality of the things, mine is built like a tank. I'm still amazed how cheap I got it. It's an amp you will DEFINITELY have to play first though, since it's not everyone's taste obviously.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
dimebag used a Korg AX30G which was a multieffects pedal which he used for distortion as well

yes, the korg is a multieffects pedal, and has distortion on it, but i have a very hard time believing he'd use the distortion on that when he had his randalls (unless he used it for boosting or the like). i could be completely wrong.
^ You forgot to mention you had soundclips in your profile for people to see how they like the tone
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by climhazzard
yes, the korg is a multieffects pedal, and has distortion on it, but i have a very hard time believing he'd use the distortion on that when he had his randalls (unless he used it for boosting or the like). i could be completely wrong.

hmm no way to know now..

RIP Dime
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by MatrixClaw
Most bands that actually "use Kranks" just have a krank up onstage with them at concerts so everyone can see them and are actually using their guitar through something else. Others actually have other brand's amps fitted inside the chasis of the kranks so they continue to get sponsored by them, eventhough they're not actually using the amp. I guess Krank doesn't care, as long as they're getting publicity.

you sound like a conspiracy theorist

back on topic: I have never really heard anything great about Krank amps.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
yeah i guess they get the job done, but theres better amps..

and didnt you know... JFK never got assasinated.. hes hiding in a krank chasi... *_*
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
and didnt you know... JFK never got assasinated.. hes hiding in a krank chasi... *_*

He speaks the truth!!!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by climhazzard

For a looong time he just used two equalizers to boost the gain (with the L-500 XL already being a very hot pickup), and later on he started using the Zakk Wylde overdrive for sustain (there's a video on YouTube of him playing Still Got The Blues through it). As far as I know he never used distortion pedals beyond that. It was just his amps spazzing out.
oh yeah i forgot about zakk wylde overdrive.. and here i am thinking im an expert on dimes rig
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by MESAexplorer
^ You forgot to mention you had soundclips in your profile for people to see how they like the tone

haha, yeah, I'm not real happy with that clip though. It's real sloppy, and that was my second day using it, so I didn't really know the eq that well. It's also one of the first units off the line, and it still has the stock tubes. That's another reason I got it cheap, but I still made out like a bandit pricewise. I'm going to load it up with some tubes I've picked out, then I'm going to make some more clips and see how it sounds. I'm keeping that clip more for a reference.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i like my Krank,but its not for everybody,just like every other amp brand out there
some people like muddy amps some dont,the thing is most people hate them because when they tried it in a music store,it sounds like crap,most music store wont let you turn
up the amp to their potential,they are a concert tuned amp and are ment to be turned up loud,also the type of guitar you play through them as well,pick ups make a huge difference
with these amps,i have a Dimarzio X2N in my ibanez,and it sounds sick as hell,and some
lame pup in my moser and it sounds like ass through the krank
i dunno my friend uses a gibson humbucker and a sh-6 distortion humbucker (i think) that came with his RR1

i dont like it at all
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
i dunno my friend uses a gibson humbucker and a sh-6 distortion humbucker (i think) that came with his RR1

i dont like it at all

seymour duncans sound like ass in a krank,my other guitar player has a warlock
with a invader in it,sounds like crap though my krank
hmm, i guess maker of this thread should look at some other amps then
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by Roidster
seymour duncans sound like ass in a krank,my other guitar player has a warlock
with a invader in it,sounds like crap though my krank

Probably cause Invaders are gross pickups.

You're using your Krank through 2 Behringer cabs?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Roidster
ya i cant afford to pay $1000.00 each for krank cabs in canada
they sound all right,sure there not the best,but they can handle the abuse i put them through

But why not just buy 1 good 4x12 instead of 2 Behringers? The difference in volume between 1 4x12 and 2 isn't that much... You think it sounds good now, I'd think it'd sound 20x better in a good cab
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I would like to know if anybody has proof of that **** about just stuffing kranks with other amps just to get sponsorship money or whatever because i dont really believe it, why not just go get sponsored by another company?
Quote by everragex822
I would like to know if anybody has proof of that **** about just stuffing kranks with other amps just to get sponsorship money or whatever because i dont really believe it, why not just go get sponsored by another company?

Between the Buried and Me is sponsored by Krank and use 5150s/Rectos on recordings and live. When I went to their concert they had a Krank up in front but it was off and they were playing out of amps in the back. I've also heard from a lot of other people the same thing about BTBAM and other bands.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
When I was buying my TSL100 I tried out a Krank Revolution, and I really wasn't impressed much.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
hmm, really is all about opinions with this amp. I thought it raped the TSL, but I guess that depends what you're playing on it too. Just reinforces that this is an amp you definitely have to try in person before considering it.
amp clips
amp vids
not a fan, and unethical business practices to boot. at least in the past. but i have a long memory.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
not a fan, and unethical business practices to boot. at least in the past. but i have a long memory.

yeah, I remember that whole banning on HC. Supposedly it was only one employee that worked there posting the reviews though, and he was let go obviously. That's their side anyway.

I will say though, I've dealt with their customer service recently, and they were very cool to deal with. I bought what was advertised as a used Krankenstein stack. When I received it, I emailed Krank because the cab looked like a Rev, and it turned out it was. I contacted the original owner, who said he bought the amp new 2 years ago, and he contacted Krank because he thought he had bought a Krankenstein cab. Krank gave me a very substantial discount on 4 brand new Texas heats, and threw in a dime badge to make my cab a Krankenstein, even though I'm the second owner. I'm not defending what they did in the past, but they have been exceptional to deal with from what I've seen personally.
amp clips
amp vids
yep, i have heard their customer service is good, but i also know what they did in the past. it may only have been one employee; but then again of course they're going to say that.

I know a couple of guys from HC/rig-talk tried them at NAMM when they were released, and they said they couldn't get a word in edgeways when they were trying it; the krank team kept saying "it's great, isn't it?", or something like that.

plus krank had a forum over at rig-talk for a while, and any time anyone said they didn't like them, they were referred to as "****-talkers" or "haters". which i don't see any other amp manufacturer doing.

so, er, yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

yeah, that's a little nuts. That would turn me off too if I heard/saw it.
Can't argue with not liking something on principle.
amp clips
amp vids
Page 1 of 2