I find that my pull-offs sound like the screams of a cat. I don't know if it's my stock (yamaha) strings, .009s, or if it's just due to the crappiness of my amp. Which will affect the sound most?
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
I'd say it's either your technique or the cat I hid in your amp yesterday.

I can't honestly think of anything that could make pull offs sound like screams.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
If it's a player pack amp, that's why.
It may be your technique, but it may be your strings also. Generally strings that come stock with guitars are pretty crappy (unless it states that it has a certain brand). Changing strings will also help. Maybe try switching to a heavier gauge.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hey thanks, yeah my best guess is the gear itself. I'm pretty sure my technique is correct, I mean, my trilling sounds smooth, just not the tone I want. I'll get some .010s, probably Ernie Ball super slinkies (as recommended by a friend of mine who also plays guitar) once I've worn out the set I'm using now and the other pack of strings it came with.
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Probably a mix of technique and crappy amp. I doubt strings can do it unless theyre REALLY old
If you're still using the strings that came with the guitar, you should change them, regardless of screaming cats.
How old are said strings?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm automaticly assuming he has the yamaha players pack. I believe it has like a black metalflake finish, but anyways, my friend has it. The amp is horrible but the guitar is actually pretty good. But the stock strings are crap.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
out of the 2 i would definetly say the amp is most likely to blame. However i agree with a lot of people in saying it might also be your technique.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
swap your string because you should weh you get a new guitar anyway.

and make sure u dont have the action too low.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by darkarbiter7
I'm automaticly assuming he has the yamaha players pack. I believe it has like a black metalflake finish, but anyways, my friend has it. The amp is horrible but the guitar is actually pretty good. But the stock strings are crap.

Yep, the ERG...does the job for me. I've had it for a bit over 2 months, but the strings didn't start taking a beating until I practiced alternate and tremolo picking, well the low E mostly . I examined my technique a little more closely today and my pull-offs sounded pretty normal. Can't wait to get some better strings though.