ive been reading up some stuff and decided i want to get a tubescreamer. thing is theres two and apparently bother are pretty godd. and IN the companies there are two models each. which ones the best?

thanks
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
Ibanez might be better, since they did it first and its there product originally. But the Maxon might be good also. Id buy the Ibanez simply for the name honestly. Probably better quality as well.
Quote by qotsa1998
Ibanez might be better, since they did it first and its there product originally. But the Maxon might be good also. Id buy the Ibanez simply for the name honestly. Probably better quality as well.

Wrong.

MAXON are the ones that built the original Tubescreamers for Ibanez.

I much prefer the Maxons to the Ibanez's, the OD808 is also cheaper than the TS808 (Ibanez's best one) and it sounds better (imo). The OD808 is also easily modded for true-bypass, I think the OD9 might actually come standard as a true bypass pedal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 23, 2007,
if there was a "better" one, the other wouldn't be in business. They are just different. You gotta try them. decide which is better for YOU
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
while that may be that one isnt better than the other, just cause their different doesnt mean that one is better. a spider is different than a twin reverb, but the twin is definitely better. But again, just because one is better doesnt mean the other cant exist as well.

but yeah, i do agree wih the actual argument you made, just not the logic behind it.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Here's a good History of the Tube Screamers. In the "Family Photo" the SD ( at lower left is the distortion pedal I use.

The only other thing I've seen is at some point Maxon made a version of these pedals with two PC boards instead of one, those weren't considered as good. What I've seen of comments about them is generally favorable, but like the guy above me I'd say try a couple and see what you think. I've always liked my SD 9 really well, but it's a distortion pedal, not overdrive, and overdrive is an entirely different critter. The Tube Screamers I've played here and there were excellent, but I haven't been able to play a Maxon yet. Need to check the local store and see if they still have a couple.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by HeartInACage
while that may be that one isnt better than the other, just cause their different doesnt mean that one is better. a spider is different than a twin reverb, but the twin is definitely better. But again, just because one is better doesnt mean the other cant exist as well.

but yeah, i do agree wih the actual argument you made, just not the logic behind it.

haha, well yeah but that's like comparing a first act to a gibson firebird . I just meant that in cases where it isn't clear that one is better than the other (like TS's question), and it's soley based on opinion, then you can't ask which is better. But I see what your getting at too. In his case anyways, I think that one isn't clearly better than the other and he needs to try them and see which is best for him.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
the maxon OD820 is awesome like the OD808 which is like the original tubescreamers but the 820 is like if the kept on developing the 808 but of course with quailty parts and not sacrificing tone for money
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by PieceOfMind666
if there was a "better" one, the other wouldn't be in business. They are just different. You gotta try them. decide which is better for YOU

+a million.
for some reason people here dont seem to grasp this simple concept.