So this summer, I was looking for a new guitar and amp. I like blues music and all kinds of rock, and pretty much anything in between. I wanted to spend less than $1000 total, and after some research I picked up an Epiphone Les Paul plain top and a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT.

I immediately noticed a difference in sound, because it was a much nicer amp than my old one. The old one was a small practice amp, and the vox was bigger and nicer. I liked the Epiphone at first, because I thought it sounded so much better than my old Strat copy thing. I loved playing the old strat copy thing ( it played really well) but I couldn't get nice sounds out of it.

Now, the Les Paul is nice, I guess. But after playing it for a summer and comparing the sounds from my old one and the new one, I just think I like the Strats better. I could get some nice sounds from the Les Paul, but I had some gripes with it. The slower fretboard was one and the fact that I was getting just as nice sounds from my crappy starter guitar was the other.

I was thinking about replacing the pickups in the Les Paul, but now I'm thinking about selling the Les Paul and getting a nice Fender Strat.

So if you read this far, would you

A. Replace pickups in les paul
B. Sell the Les Paul and get a Fender Strat

And if you selected B, could you tell me a little bit about the different types of Strats, and any suggestions on one for under, say $600?

I appreciate any ideas or advice. Thanks in advance.
B)

Get this

It's actually the same strat I have, great for bluesy tones and what you're looking for you'll love it I think.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
i'd say sell the lp and go for a fender strat. if you stretch your budget a bit, or go used, you could get a fender highway one strat which a lot of people around here seem to like (though one of my close friends has one and i don't particularly like its tone that much). or you could look into a deluxe player's strat, which, i thought, sounded quite good, at least as good as the highway one.

edit: ^haha beat me to it, i guess.
I'd replace the overall guitar. If you really like the strat tone and feel, nothing you do to the Les Paul will help you with that.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
sounds to me like you need to try out a few guitars before you make any decisions but if you're leaning towards strats maybe look for a strat with Texas Specials cause they are stronger.
Try a few guitars and then see about selling your LP. In general, don't trade unless you're trading up and don't plan on using the guitar you're replacing, and you don't want to mess with selling. Its better to outright sell as you will get far more.
Get the fender stratocaster. epi les pauls are jokes. I don't care what anybody says.

Fender makes some of the best guitars ever, only gibson, jackson, and ibanez can compare to them.
Quote by protech487
sounds to me like you need to try out a few guitars before you make any decisions but if you're leaning towards strats maybe look for a strat with Texas Specials cause they are stronger.

what?

listen bich, you don't know what you're even talking about.

Fender makes their guitars so strong, that in concerts, they either have to

A) pre cut the guitar so it breaks (same thing in movies)

or B) bash it 300 times for it to break.

I know from experience.
Quote by CJRocker
Try a few guitars and then see about selling your LP. In general, don't trade unless you're trading up and don't plan on using the guitar you're replacing, and you don't want to mess with selling. Its better to outright sell as you will get far more.

Ah yes, well that's what i meant. I was going to probablly sell the LP on ebay and then use the money towards a nicer Fender Strat.
Quote by nan0
Get the fender stratocaster. epi les pauls are jokes. I don't care what anybody says.

Fender makes some of the best guitars ever, only gibson, jackson, and ibanez can compare to them.

the elistists i've played sounded amazing. and i totally loved prs and rickenbacker and carvin and so many other "great" brands.

man was i misguided.

/sarcasm.
Quote by lemonsquares42
Ah yes, well that's what i meant. I was going to probablly sell the LP on ebay and then use the money towards a nicer Fender Strat.

Also, I was wondering... would that be the best way to sell it?

Do you guys just sell used guitars on ebay? Or would there be a better way of doing that?
Quote by Colgate Total
Get a MIM Strat.

+1. Mabye the HSS model if you want, shouldn't be more than $400, and you can take that thing anywhere. But somone was right, if you like the feel and playability of a strat, nothing you can do to a Les Paul will make it feel right. Sell the Epi, try some MIM Fender Strats, enjoy.
Quote by nan0
what?

I know from experience.

I was referring to the pickups, not the actual guitar... you dumbass.
Now, no need to insult people. I also say MIM. They are beautiful.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by nan0
what?

I know from experience.

That was quite funny how you misread his post

And +1 on the MIM Strat.
I had this exact problem - I upgraded froma Squier and Frontman to a Valve Junior and Epi LP Std. The Epiphone was the far greater guitar but I plain didn't get on with it. I sold the Epi and bought a Mexican Fender Strat, and I've never looked back!

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.