How do u make music if u write the lyrics first is there any method
and is it easrier to write the lyrics first or the music
id say it doesnt matter what order. but im not in a band yet. i play guitar(of course) and in skool poems jus flow out of me once i get rollin. id say if you write the lyrics first, then the subject will determine the music style. like if you write about a burning bulding or a mythical beast, most likely itd be for a metal/grunge/punk song. however, its almost definite that you will have to change the lyrics around. make parts longer/shorter, stretch words out, etc. so just keep tweaking till you get a descent sound
Start by reading the rules. This forum is for song lyrics only, not discussions like this.

Rock On
Newest Lyrics:
[url="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727775[/url"]Pattern Recognition

Short Stories:
Anniversary
Hi BlinkBass13,

Welcome to Songwriting & Lyrics.

This thread will be closed. This section is only for posting works you've written, to be critiqued.

Read the stickied threads about how this forum works, and the specific rules of this forum, before you post anything more. The Mods here are very forgiving about the first mistake, but we don't want to try their patience, right?

Also there is a sub-forum for techniques. Again, read the rules before posting there.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.