i just purchased a randall RH300 amp head and im impressed with its sound through the headphones it is my first head. im wanting to buy a cab this week beacsue playin though only headphones after buying a 300 watt head is just a waste. i wanna get a cab in the 500 - 1000 dollar price range thats suited for death metal and what not. i dont like the randal cabs they sound to bassey for me but im thinking about a 5150 or sumthiung like that. let me know what you think any adive would be apreciated.
Fender MH cab. They have some huge tube head with a massive amount of gain, and the cab for it should be good. Or, for more moneuy, a Marshall 1960A. Loaded with Vintage 30's.
i really like the sound of fender amps il have to give this one a try as long as its in my price range
Quote by ridingthemetro
i just purchased a randall RH300 amp head and im impressed with its sound through the headphones it is my first head. im wanting to buy a cab this week beacsue playin though only headphones after buying a 300 watt head is just a waste. i wanna get a cab in the 500 - 1000 dollar price range thats suited for death metal and what not. i dont like the randal cabs they sound to bassey for me but im thinking about a 5150 or sumthiung like that. let me know what you think any adive would be apreciated.

Yo man, don't think it's such a good idea to play through the head without a dummy load or a cab. I could be completely wrong though. It might be just tube heads. But I'm sure if it has a headphone jack it would be fine.
Check out the Marshall 1960. That might be good for you.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by Red989
Yo man, don't think it's such a good idea to play through the head without a dummy load or a cab. I could be completely wrong though. It might be just tube heads. But I'm sure if it has a headphone jack it would be fine.
Check out the Marshall 1960. That might be good for you.

its a SS head he is fine,only have to worry about that when its a tube head
I have Kranks Dimebag signature cab(the Krankenstein). I havent played every cab out there, but of all the ones I played in the past.....Id have to say this one is most suitable for anything metal(its more versatile than just metal as well). Very focused, accurate, and handles bass very well! I like it. Try it out against some others cause it might be what your looking for.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
One last note. If you can try a vader......try it! The krank cab I mention uses eminence drivers, as does the vader. These are real nice drivers and many of them are well suited for a hard style(as the krank cab is). Plus, both cabs are geared towards harder styles.

I actually have NOT heard the vader myself(which is why I dont own one.....I gotta hear it if Im gonna buy it, and I dont have any vader anywhere at my disposal to try out).

Either way, if the cab construction is what its cracked up to be.....and being that its got similar drivers to mine, and its geared towards the same music genre basically.....I wouldnt be surprised if this cab was voiced pretty similar to my Krank.

Once again.....I dont know for sure, Im just making the comparison based on some similarities in the two(Krank and Vader). And if the vader does just as well(maybe better), this would be good stuff cause its actually cheaper than the krank I got! Im sure one day in the future Ill try a vader and be able to do a fair A/B comparison. But for now, I cant hear em....so I opted to spend the extra coin on the Krank cause I got to play through the thing so that I could be sure it was right for me. But Id buy a vader in a heartbeat for that price if it does perform like the one I got! Both of these cabs seem like a good option for you!
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.
I use a 6505+ with a Vader cabinet and it is excellent, the lows are very controlled and they just give a nice full sound. Also, the company is very efficient to deal with.
Well, first of all, if you have $1000 to spend on a cab but bought a $600 head, you should've probably spent more on the head, you could've gotten a nice tube head for around $1000 then still had $600 to buy a cab or even spent some more and still gotten a good cab...

But, since you've already bought the head... Since I'm assuming you're in the US, I'd suggest an Avatar cab loaded with Vintage 30s, they're cheap but very nice cabs. You could also go with a Marshall 1960 or Mesa Standard cab. Never tried a Vader so I can't really comment on them and the Krank cabs are way overpriced for what they are.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^youre just saying that because they're "krank." if anything theyre better than the standard marshall and mesa. and vader cabs are very nice.
Quote by TehJermie
^youre just saying that because they're "krank." if anything theyre better than the standard marshall and mesa. and vader cabs are very nice.

No, I'm saying that because they're $1000-$1400 for a cab which is obscenely high and you can undoubtly get a better one elsewhere for cheaper.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
No, I'm saying that because they're $1000-$1400 for a cab which is obscenely high and you can undoubtly get a better one elsewhere for cheaper.

you just havent viewed the specs. its appropriately priced for what they offer actually. if it had another brand's label over it you undoubtedly wouldnt question it as much as you are.
The $1000 Krank cab is fine, however, the $1349 one's only difference is the color of the grille.

Overpriced, yes. I would never spend the much on a cabinet. Even the Bogner Uberkab costs only about $1100.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by TehJermie
you just havent viewed the specs. its appropriately priced for what they offer actually. if it had another brand's label over it you undoubtedly wouldnt question it as much as you are.

Or the thought of paying that much for a cab just seems ridiculous, seeing as the head was cheaper.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I can tell you firsthand that at least in many aspects it is better than the mesa and any marshall I tried. Its sturdy as all get out, real nice drivers, tons of power handling through a 16 ohm cab(cleaner power at higher ohms vs the same power handling at 4 ohms for example), and it just flat sounded better. I own a mesa triple recto solo head. The mesa cab didnt make the head sound as good as this krank. Marshalls fart out with the amount of energy this head makes(I noticed I have to be more careful with how hard I drive my sound to keep it sounding clean and tight through a marshall....it gets loose on the bottom). The mesa cab handles the bass, but it doesnt punch the same and its a bit resonant for me.

I cant comment on the higher dollar ones with the different grille....but I dont feel these are overpriced(the 1000 dollar ones).